Feb 13, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
It’s not clear why it took so long, but according to the OC Register, the Anaheim Ducks have finally made a decision on forward Rickard Rakell — he’s headed back to junior (OHL Plymouth).
Rakell appeared in four games for the Ducks (he last played on Jan. 29), registering no points and averaging 8:57 in ice time.
By making the move, Anaheim won’t burn the first year of Rakell’s three-year entry-level contract.
The 19-year-old Swede was selected 30th overall in the 2011 draft.
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 73
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 65
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)