Feb 13, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
It’s not clear why it took so long, but according to the OC Register, the Anaheim Ducks have finally made a decision on forward Rickard Rakell — he’s headed back to junior (OHL Plymouth).
Rakell appeared in four games for the Ducks (he last played on Jan. 29), registering no points and averaging 8:57 in ice time.
By making the move, Anaheim won’t burn the first year of Rakell’s three-year entry-level contract.
The 19-year-old Swede was selected 30th overall in the 2011 draft.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 10
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22