Feb 13, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
It’s not clear why it took so long, but according to the OC Register, the Anaheim Ducks have finally made a decision on forward Rickard Rakell — he’s headed back to junior (OHL Plymouth).
Rakell appeared in four games for the Ducks (he last played on Jan. 29), registering no points and averaging 8:57 in ice time.
By making the move, Anaheim won’t burn the first year of Rakell’s three-year entry-level contract.
The 19-year-old Swede was selected 30th overall in the 2011 draft.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 62
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15