Feb 13, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
It’s not clear why it took so long, but according to the OC Register, the Anaheim Ducks have finally made a decision on forward Rickard Rakell — he’s headed back to junior (OHL Plymouth).
Rakell appeared in four games for the Ducks (he last played on Jan. 29), registering no points and averaging 8:57 in ice time.
By making the move, Anaheim won’t burn the first year of Rakell’s three-year entry-level contract.
The 19-year-old Swede was selected 30th overall in the 2011 draft.
- Kopitar + adorable dog = best day with the Stanley Cup? 6
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 72
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (72)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)