Feb 13, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
The New Jersey Devils have placed veteran forward Dainius Zubrus on injured reserve and have called up center Andrei Loktionov from AHL Albany.
It remains unclear exactly what ails Zubrus, who has missed the last four games with what’s being called an upper-body injury.
Devils GM Lou Lamoriello wouldn’t discuss the nature of the injury but said Zubrus is being treated with medication, and that surgery has not been ruled out.
“We’re putting Zubrus on IR. We’re still not sure how long it will be,” Lamoriello told the New Jersey Star-Ledger. “We’ll have more knowledge over the next 48 hours.”
Loktionov, acquired from Los Angeles last week in exchange for a fifth-round pick, has appeared in two games for Albany, recording no points with a minus-1 rating.
The 22-year-old has appeared in 59 career NHL contests, first busting onto the scene with the Kings in 2010-11, when made an impressive rookie debut by scoring 4G-3A-7PTS in 19 games.
Of note, Loktionov spent the 2008-09 season with OHL Windsor, where one of his teammates was Devils forward Adam Henrique.
Nov 27, 2014, 10:50 PM EST
Shea Weber covered the puck in the crease.
Nov 27, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
Flyers play host to the Rangers Friday afternoon.
Nov 27, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Was a healthy scratch in nine games.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
X-rays on knee cap came back negative.
Nov 27, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Struggled in the American Hockey League this season.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Expected to formally announce his retirement next Thursday morning.
Nov 27, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Talented center would be a prized pickup at the deadline.
Nov 27, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Patrick Roy doesn’t own part of a junior team anymore.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
Incident occurred during Wednesday’s Jets-Sabres game.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Linden Vey gets back into the lineup for tomorrow’s game in Columbus.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
Dallas forward has history as a repeat offender.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
That’s a picture of Shawn Thornton, who doesn’t play for them anymore.
Nov 27, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Just two goals in 20 games this year.
Nov 27, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
Devils currently sit 12th in the Eastern Conference.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:29 PM EST
Played in 14 games over parts of the last three seasons.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:17 PM EST
Following Tuesday’s “mind-numbing” change in Dallas.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Big boost for Nashville, who hosts Edmonton tonight.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:44 AM EST
That’s the feeling, at least.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
Florida’s No. 1 left Wednesday’s game early.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)