Feb 13, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT
A couple of clubs have used their off days to promote players from the American Hockey League.
In Phoenix, Coyotes GM Don Maloney announced the club has recalled defenseman David Rundblad from the Portland Pirates.
A former first-round pick (17th overall, 2009), Rundblad was leading all Portland defensemen in scoring at the time of his promotion and was fourth on the team in points, with 25.
To make room for Rundblad, the Coyotes sent down defenseman Michael Stone.
Meanwhile, in Winnipeg, the Jets called up goalie Eddie Pasquale from AHL St. John’s.
Pasquale, 22, was drafted in 2009 and has yet to make his NHL debut. He was called up after Jets backup Al Montoya was hurt during Tuesday night’s 3-2 loss to Winnipeg — Montoya was in the game as starter Ondrej Pavelec was dealing with the flu.
It’s unclear exactly what Montoya injured against the Flyers, though it’s currently being listed as a lower-body ailment.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)