Feb 13, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
A couple of clubs have used their off days to promote players from the American Hockey League.
In Phoenix, Coyotes GM Don Maloney announced the club has recalled defenseman David Rundblad from the Portland Pirates.
A former first-round pick (17th overall, 2009), Rundblad was leading all Portland defensemen in scoring at the time of his promotion and was fourth on the team in points, with 25.
To make room for Rundblad, the Coyotes sent down defenseman Michael Stone.
Meanwhile, in Winnipeg, the Jets called up goalie Eddie Pasquale from AHL St. John’s.
Pasquale, 22, was drafted in 2009 and has yet to make his NHL debut. He was called up after Jets backup Al Montoya was hurt during Tuesday night’s 3-2 loss to Winnipeg — Montoya was in the game as starter Ondrej Pavelec was dealing with the flu.
It’s unclear exactly what Montoya injured against the Flyers, though it’s currently being listed as a lower-body ailment.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35