Feb 13, 2013, 1:53 PM EDT
A couple of clubs have used their off days to promote players from the American Hockey League.
In Phoenix, Coyotes GM Don Maloney announced the club has recalled defenseman David Rundblad from the Portland Pirates.
A former first-round pick (17th overall, 2009), Rundblad was leading all Portland defensemen in scoring at the time of his promotion and was fourth on the team in points, with 25.
To make room for Rundblad, the Coyotes sent down defenseman Michael Stone.
Meanwhile, in Winnipeg, the Jets called up goalie Eddie Pasquale from AHL St. John’s.
Pasquale, 22, was drafted in 2009 and has yet to make his NHL debut. He was called up after Jets backup Al Montoya was hurt during Tuesday night’s 3-2 loss to Winnipeg — Montoya was in the game as starter Ondrej Pavelec was dealing with the flu.
It’s unclear exactly what Montoya injured against the Flyers, though it’s currently being listed as a lower-body ailment.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 83
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 71
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7