Feb 13, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
A couple of clubs have used their off days to promote players from the American Hockey League.
In Phoenix, Coyotes GM Don Maloney announced the club has recalled defenseman David Rundblad from the Portland Pirates.
A former first-round pick (17th overall, 2009), Rundblad was leading all Portland defensemen in scoring at the time of his promotion and was fourth on the team in points, with 25.
To make room for Rundblad, the Coyotes sent down defenseman Michael Stone.
Meanwhile, in Winnipeg, the Jets called up goalie Eddie Pasquale from AHL St. John’s.
Pasquale, 22, was drafted in 2009 and has yet to make his NHL debut. He was called up after Jets backup Al Montoya was hurt during Tuesday night’s 3-2 loss to Winnipeg — Montoya was in the game as starter Ondrej Pavelec was dealing with the flu.
It’s unclear exactly what Montoya injured against the Flyers, though it’s currently being listed as a lower-body ailment.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12