Feb 13, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Is this a story? We’re not sure, but we’re going to pass it along anyway.
Apparently Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane — currently second in NHL scoring with 20 points — isn’t chewing on his mouth guard anymore…because he’s not wearing one anymore.
From Chicago’s Daily Herald:
Kane stopped wearing the mouth piece when he went to play in Switzerland and has kept it out upon his return to the NHL. Kane is off to such a great start that he said he might not put one in his mouth all season.
“It was a tough decision, but it seems to be working out so let’s keep it that way for a while,” Kane said Tuesday. “For now I haven’t been wearing it, but it could come back.”
Kane doesn’t believe it has anything to do with him being off to the best start of his career.
“Maybe I’m not thinking about it so much,” he said. “Was I thinking about chewing on it instead of focusing on the game? I don’t know.”
Kane says he tried some new mouth guards when he got back from Switzerland, but “it just kind of felt weird in my mouth,” so he’s rolling the dice without one.
Hopefully we don’t have to write a follow-up about Kane’s pending dental surgery after taking a puck in the chops.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)