Feb 12, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
“It wasn’t pretty by any means,” Wild forward Devin Setoguchi said to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“That might have been one of the ugliest wins that you’re going to see. But we’ve found a way to get the win, and that’s all that matters.”
Irving was making his third straight start in place of the injured Miikka Kiprusoff.
He made 23 saves in regulation and overtime combined but was beaten on the only two attempts he faced in the skills competition.
“You get in shootouts and you get a couple of good moves, you get a couple of lucky moves, you get a save, you get a good goal and you get the win. But right now, we’re not getting it,” Flames head coach Bob Hartley told NHL.com.
Flames GM Jay Feaster is expected to address to the goaltending situation in Calgary some time today.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)