Feb 12, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
“It wasn’t pretty by any means,” Wild forward Devin Setoguchi said to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“That might have been one of the ugliest wins that you’re going to see. But we’ve found a way to get the win, and that’s all that matters.”
Irving was making his third straight start in place of the injured Miikka Kiprusoff.
He made 23 saves in regulation and overtime combined but was beaten on the only two attempts he faced in the skills competition.
“You get in shootouts and you get a couple of good moves, you get a couple of lucky moves, you get a save, you get a good goal and you get the win. But right now, we’re not getting it,” Flames head coach Bob Hartley told NHL.com.
Flames GM Jay Feaster is expected to address to the goaltending situation in Calgary some time today.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7