Feb 12, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
“It wasn’t pretty by any means,” Wild forward Devin Setoguchi said to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
“That might have been one of the ugliest wins that you’re going to see. But we’ve found a way to get the win, and that’s all that matters.”
Irving was making his third straight start in place of the injured Miikka Kiprusoff.
He made 23 saves in regulation and overtime combined but was beaten on the only two attempts he faced in the skills competition.
“You get in shootouts and you get a couple of good moves, you get a couple of lucky moves, you get a save, you get a good goal and you get the win. But right now, we’re not getting it,” Flames head coach Bob Hartley told NHL.com.
Flames GM Jay Feaster is expected to address to the goaltending situation in Calgary some time today.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)