Feb 12, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
Every now and then, Rick Nash reminds the hockey world why he’s one of the NHL’s highest-paid players.
Tuesday presented a couple of those moments, as he helped the New York Rangers secure a 4-3 shootout win against the Boston Bruins. Most notably, the 28-year-old power forward provided this sprawling setup on a Carl Hagelin goal:
Nash also scored a beauty of a shootout tally and nearly scored earlier in the game, only to hit the post. He finished the game with that assist and now has 10 points (three goals, seven assists) in 12 games this season.
Here are the full highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22