Feb 12, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
All have been made healthy scratches in the early part of the 2013 regular season.
In the latest PHT Extra, Brough and I discuss how these guys have dealt with being dropped from the lineup, and how it might affect them moving forward.
Do coaches and management risk losing their players by making these moves? Sure.
But is the risk any greater than keeping an under-performing player in the lineup during a shortened season?
Watch the video to find out.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40