Feb 12, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Reimer was injured in the second period of last night’s 5-2 victory over Philadelphia at the Air Canada Centre. The 24-year-old was replaced by backup Ben Scrivens, who will take over the starting duties in Reimer’s absence.
Winners of four straight, the Leafs don’t play again until Thursday, when they’re in Carolina to face the Hurricanes.
It’s not clear who will back up Scrivens while Reimer recovers. Jussi Rynnas is the starter for the AHL Marlies and is the likeliest call-up, but the organization won’t want want him sitting on the bench for that long.
Regardless, it’s a tough break for the Leafs (even if it could’ve been worse). Reimer (6-3-0, .929 SV%) has been very good this season after a challenging 2011-12 campaign that saw him miss extensive time with whiplash/concussion-like symptoms.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 6
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 35
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 94
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)