Feb 12, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Reimer was injured in the second period of last night’s 5-2 victory over Philadelphia at the Air Canada Centre. The 24-year-old was replaced by backup Ben Scrivens, who will take over the starting duties in Reimer’s absence.
Winners of four straight, the Leafs don’t play again until Thursday, when they’re in Carolina to face the Hurricanes.
It’s not clear who will back up Scrivens while Reimer recovers. Jussi Rynnas is the starter for the AHL Marlies and is the likeliest call-up, but the organization won’t want want him sitting on the bench for that long.
Regardless, it’s a tough break for the Leafs (even if it could’ve been worse). Reimer (6-3-0, .929 SV%) has been very good this season after a challenging 2011-12 campaign that saw him miss extensive time with whiplash/concussion-like symptoms.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 10
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 21
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 23
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)