Feb 12, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Reimer was injured in the second period of last night’s 5-2 victory over Philadelphia at the Air Canada Centre. The 24-year-old was replaced by backup Ben Scrivens, who will take over the starting duties in Reimer’s absence.
Winners of four straight, the Leafs don’t play again until Thursday, when they’re in Carolina to face the Hurricanes.
It’s not clear who will back up Scrivens while Reimer recovers. Jussi Rynnas is the starter for the AHL Marlies and is the likeliest call-up, but the organization won’t want want him sitting on the bench for that long.
Regardless, it’s a tough break for the Leafs (even if it could’ve been worse). Reimer (6-3-0, .929 SV%) has been very good this season after a challenging 2011-12 campaign that saw him miss extensive time with whiplash/concussion-like symptoms.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25