Feb 12, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Reimer was injured in the second period of last night’s 5-2 victory over Philadelphia at the Air Canada Centre. The 24-year-old was replaced by backup Ben Scrivens, who will take over the starting duties in Reimer’s absence.
Winners of four straight, the Leafs don’t play again until Thursday, when they’re in Carolina to face the Hurricanes.
It’s not clear who will back up Scrivens while Reimer recovers. Jussi Rynnas is the starter for the AHL Marlies and is the likeliest call-up, but the organization won’t want want him sitting on the bench for that long.
Regardless, it’s a tough break for the Leafs (even if it could’ve been worse). Reimer (6-3-0, .929 SV%) has been very good this season after a challenging 2011-12 campaign that saw him miss extensive time with whiplash/concussion-like symptoms.
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 29
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 14
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M
- Play Video: Are the Red Wings a true contender?
- Play Video: Chara bleeds after being struck by high-stick
- Play Video: Time to play Pucktionary
- Play Video: Roenick not happy with call against Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Must-win Game 3 at MSG
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3