Feb 12, 2013, 11:06 AM EDT
The injury woes continue in Florida.
On Tuesday, Panthers head coach Kevin Dineen said captain Ed Jovanovski would miss another week with a knee injury that’s held him out of the last five contests.
Jovanovski, 36, was handed the “C” prior to the start of the season and played a key role on the Panthers’ defense through the first five games, averaging 16:39 of ice time per night.
But on Jan. 31, Jovo was hurt when he went knee-on-knee with Tampa Bay forward B.J. Crombeen and only played one shift in the third period before leaving the contest.
He hasn’t played since.
Jovanovski visited Dr. John Uribe in Miami a few days after getting hurt — the examination revealed no structural damage — and has since been in a holding pattern of rest and recuperation, with the Panthers curiously listing his injury as “lower body.”
The club said he hasn’t suffered any setbacks, but has also been hesitant to put a timetable on Jovanovski’s return.
“He’s still at least another week away,” Dineen said. “It’s going to be a little bit.”
Speaking of this week — the Panthers have a three game homestand against Washington, Montreal and Tampa Bay. If Jovanovski is to miss all three, it’ll bring his total missed games on the year total to eight, roughly 17 percent of the regular season.
May 26, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Anaheim didn’t take long to rebound in overtime last night.
May 26, 2015, 1:13 AM EDT
Monday’s tough loss hasn’t weakened his resolve.
May 26, 2015, 12:21 AM EDT
Matt Beleskey scored the game winner after initially losing his second line spot.
May 26, 2015, 12:03 AM EDT
Chicago was trailing for most of the game.
May 25, 2015, 11:10 PM EDT
It was a reversal from the first frame.
May 25, 2015, 10:57 PM EDT
Maple Leafs prospect Frederik Gauthier had a big game too.
May 25, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
The first period was all Anaheim.
May 25, 2015, 9:42 PM EDT
The Ducks got off to an ideal start.
May 25, 2015, 9:17 PM EDT
Emerson Etem is a healthy scratch.
May 25, 2015, 8:29 PM EDT
He needed to keep his wrist frozen to play.
May 25, 2015, 7:25 PM EDT
He was linked to Nashville’s playoff curfew incident.
May 25, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
The series is tied at 2-2.
May 25, 2015, 5:43 PM EDT
There’s going to be a fight for the No. 1 gig in Detroit.
May 25, 2015, 4:41 PM EDT
Reports out of Swift Current, Saskatchewan.
May 25, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
May 25, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
They’re expected to speak again before July 1.
May 25, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
“One bounce here or there, it’s a different story.”
May 25, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
Made his NHL debut last season, appearing in 16 games.
May 25, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He’s eligible to sign an extension this summer.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 22
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 28
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)