Feb 12, 2013, 2:09 PM EDT
There was a welcome sight at Pittsburgh practice on Tuesday as Kris Letang skated with teammates for the first time in five days.
Letang, who suffered an undisclosed lower-body injury in a Super Bowl Sunday victory over Washington, has missed the Penguins’ last three games and is still listed as day-to-day. He hadn’t participated in practice since Feb. 7.
“Felt pretty good,” told the Penguins website. “It was the first time I’ve practiced with the team so I had a chance to battle in the corner.
“I stayed later to do extra. It felt pretty good.”
Pens head coach Dan Bylsma said his All-Star defenseman could be upgraded to a gametime decision prior to Wednesday’s contest against Ottawa.
Bylsma liked what he saw from Letang during Tuesday’s practice and was pleased the injury held up through contact.
“We had some contact drills, we had some D-zone, so it was a pretty stressful day on a lower-body injury,” Bylsma explained. “He did pretty well.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)