Feb 12, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
There was a welcome sight at Pittsburgh practice on Tuesday as Kris Letang skated with teammates for the first time in five days.
Letang, who suffered an undisclosed lower-body injury in a Super Bowl Sunday victory over Washington, has missed the Penguins’ last three games and is still listed as day-to-day. He hadn’t participated in practice since Feb. 7.
“Felt pretty good,” told the Penguins website. “It was the first time I’ve practiced with the team so I had a chance to battle in the corner.
“I stayed later to do extra. It felt pretty good.”
Pens head coach Dan Bylsma said his All-Star defenseman could be upgraded to a gametime decision prior to Wednesday’s contest against Ottawa.
Bylsma liked what he saw from Letang during Tuesday’s practice and was pleased the injury held up through contact.
“We had some contact drills, we had some D-zone, so it was a pretty stressful day on a lower-body injury,” Bylsma explained. “He did pretty well.”
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 10
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 5
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 39
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)