Feb 12, 2013, 12:25 PM EST
The Calgary Flames will be without their starting goalie, Miikka Kiprusoff, for another two weeks with what the club is calling a “slight grade two MCL sprain.”
Kiprusoff, 36, has missed the last three games while backup Leland Irving has taken over the starting duties.
Calgary also announced it has placed recently signed goalie Danny Taylor on waivers with the intention of sending him to AHL Abbotsford.
The Flames lost 2-1 in a shootout last night at home to Minnesota, dropping their record to 3-4-3 after 10 games. It was the third time they’d fallen in a shootout this season.
“The bottom line is that we don’t take any moral victories … we have to win games,” said general manager Jay Feaster.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 0
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 12
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 45
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)