Feb 12, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames will be without their starting goalie, Miikka Kiprusoff, for another two weeks with what the club is calling a “slight grade two MCL sprain.”
Kiprusoff, 36, has missed the last three games while backup Leland Irving has taken over the starting duties.
Calgary also announced it has placed recently signed goalie Danny Taylor on waivers with the intention of sending him to AHL Abbotsford.
The Flames lost 2-1 in a shootout last night at home to Minnesota, dropping their record to 3-4-3 after 10 games. It was the third time they’d fallen in a shootout this season.
“The bottom line is that we don’t take any moral victories … we have to win games,” said general manager Jay Feaster.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 7
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)