Feb 12, 2013, 2:37 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets have announced that defenseman Dustin Byfuglien will return to the lineup Tuesday evening when they host the Flyers at the MTS Centre.
It’ll be interesting to see how much ice time Byfuglien gets in his first game back. He was averaging close to 27 minutes per game prior to the injury and, in his absence, Jets head coach Claude Noel has spread the ice time out evenly, giving the likes of Zach Redmond and Paul Postma expanded roles (Postma on the power play especially.)
In other news, the Jets will give backup goalie Al Montoya his second straight start after shutting out Ottawa 1-0 on Saturday.
Montoya turned aside 33 shots against the Senators and was named the game’s first star — he’s now 2-0 on the season and could be in line for some extended playing time, given starter Ondrej Pavelec is battling both the flu and consistency issues.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)