Feb 12, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
Philadelphia’s season-high six game road trip hasn’t started all that well.
Word broke on Tuesday that the Flyers have sent home sophomore Sean Couturier — he missed Monday’s 5-2 loss to Toronto with the flu — and recalled Harry Zolnierczyk from AHL Adirondack.
Zolnierczyk is expected to be in the lineup tonight when the Flyers take on the Jets at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg. He’s likely to replace Tom Sestito, who had a costly turnover in the loss to the Maple Leafs and finished with just 6:47 of ice time.
Zolnierczyk, 25, has 9G-8A-17PTS in 46 games for the Phantoms this season. He appeared in 37 games for the Flyers a year ago, scoring three goals and three assists.
As for Couturier, it’s unclear when he’ll return to the Flyers lineup (or re-join the team.) He took part in the morning skate prior to the Leafs game, but was made a late scratch and later returned to Philly.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 6
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 21
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 22
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)