Feb 12, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
Philadelphia’s season-high six game road trip hasn’t started all that well.
Word broke on Tuesday that the Flyers have sent home sophomore Sean Couturier — he missed Monday’s 5-2 loss to Toronto with the flu — and recalled Harry Zolnierczyk from AHL Adirondack.
Zolnierczyk is expected to be in the lineup tonight when the Flyers take on the Jets at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg. He’s likely to replace Tom Sestito, who had a costly turnover in the loss to the Maple Leafs and finished with just 6:47 of ice time.
Zolnierczyk, 25, has 9G-8A-17PTS in 46 games for the Phantoms this season. He appeared in 37 games for the Flyers a year ago, scoring three goals and three assists.
As for Couturier, it’s unclear when he’ll return to the Flyers lineup (or re-join the team.) He took part in the morning skate prior to the Leafs game, but was made a late scratch and later returned to Philly.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 8
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 21
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)