Feb 12, 2013, 10:40 AM EST
Philadelphia’s season-high six game road trip hasn’t started all that well.
Word broke on Tuesday that the Flyers have sent home sophomore Sean Couturier — he missed Monday’s 5-2 loss to Toronto with the flu — and recalled Harry Zolnierczyk from AHL Adirondack.
Zolnierczyk is expected to be in the lineup tonight when the Flyers take on the Jets at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg. He’s likely to replace Tom Sestito, who had a costly turnover in the loss to the Maple Leafs and finished with just 6:47 of ice time.
Zolnierczyk, 25, has 9G-8A-17PTS in 46 games for the Phantoms this season. He appeared in 37 games for the Flyers a year ago, scoring three goals and three assists.
As for Couturier, it’s unclear when he’ll return to the Flyers lineup (or re-join the team.) He took part in the morning skate prior to the Leafs game, but was made a late scratch and later returned to Philly.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8