Feb 12, 2013, 10:40 AM EDT
Philadelphia’s season-high six game road trip hasn’t started all that well.
Word broke on Tuesday that the Flyers have sent home sophomore Sean Couturier — he missed Monday’s 5-2 loss to Toronto with the flu — and recalled Harry Zolnierczyk from AHL Adirondack.
Zolnierczyk is expected to be in the lineup tonight when the Flyers take on the Jets at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg. He’s likely to replace Tom Sestito, who had a costly turnover in the loss to the Maple Leafs and finished with just 6:47 of ice time.
Zolnierczyk, 25, has 9G-8A-17PTS in 46 games for the Phantoms this season. He appeared in 37 games for the Flyers a year ago, scoring three goals and three assists.
As for Couturier, it’s unclear when he’ll return to the Flyers lineup (or re-join the team.) He took part in the morning skate prior to the Leafs game, but was made a late scratch and later returned to Philly.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39