Feb 12, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
The Boston Bruins are off to their best 10-game start ever, but head coach Claude Julien told CSNNE.com that he expects to see even better work ahead.
“If anything, I think we’ve been consistent,” Julien said. “There’s no doubt that we’re going to get better. I think there are still some guys that aren’t at the peak of their game yet. That’s pretty indicative of how hard we’re working to score goals.”
The Bruins lead the Northeast Division with an 8-1-1 record for 17 points despite playing the fewest amount of games in the East. Still, Julien is right about the goals coming with difficulty; they’re currently ranked 28th in the league with a paltry 10.3 percent success rate on the power play.
The Bruins won their 2011 Stanley Cup with a PP than often sputtered, too, but Julien hopes to see that the man advantage and other scoring areas improve.
“We’re a better scoring team than what we’ve shown thus far. I think we’ve shown that we’re capable of creating the chances, but right now the finish isn’t there,” said Julien. “There’s certainly room for improvement. But I like where we are at this stage of the season and how we’ve handled those types of games. But there’s a lot more in our hockey club than we’ve shown so far.”
They’ll face a tough task in scoring against Henrik Lundqvist and the New York Rangers on Tuesday. You can watch the game on NBC Sports Network starting at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 8
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)