Feb 12, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins are off to their best 10-game start ever, but head coach Claude Julien told CSNNE.com that he expects to see even better work ahead.
“If anything, I think we’ve been consistent,” Julien said. “There’s no doubt that we’re going to get better. I think there are still some guys that aren’t at the peak of their game yet. That’s pretty indicative of how hard we’re working to score goals.”
The Bruins lead the Northeast Division with an 8-1-1 record for 17 points despite playing the fewest amount of games in the East. Still, Julien is right about the goals coming with difficulty; they’re currently ranked 28th in the league with a paltry 10.3 percent success rate on the power play.
The Bruins won their 2011 Stanley Cup with a PP than often sputtered, too, but Julien hopes to see that the man advantage and other scoring areas improve.
“We’re a better scoring team than what we’ve shown thus far. I think we’ve shown that we’re capable of creating the chances, but right now the finish isn’t there,” said Julien. “There’s certainly room for improvement. But I like where we are at this stage of the season and how we’ve handled those types of games. But there’s a lot more in our hockey club than we’ve shown so far.”
They’ll face a tough task in scoring against Henrik Lundqvist and the New York Rangers on Tuesday. You can watch the game on NBC Sports Network starting at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 0
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 19
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 12
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 22
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 32
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 45
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles