Feb 12, 2013, 6:42 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins are off to their best 10-game start ever, but head coach Claude Julien told CSNNE.com that he expects to see even better work ahead.
“If anything, I think we’ve been consistent,” Julien said. “There’s no doubt that we’re going to get better. I think there are still some guys that aren’t at the peak of their game yet. That’s pretty indicative of how hard we’re working to score goals.”
The Bruins lead the Northeast Division with an 8-1-1 record for 17 points despite playing the fewest amount of games in the East. Still, Julien is right about the goals coming with difficulty; they’re currently ranked 28th in the league with a paltry 10.3 percent success rate on the power play.
The Bruins won their 2011 Stanley Cup with a PP than often sputtered, too, but Julien hopes to see that the man advantage and other scoring areas improve.
“We’re a better scoring team than what we’ve shown thus far. I think we’ve shown that we’re capable of creating the chances, but right now the finish isn’t there,” said Julien. “There’s certainly room for improvement. But I like where we are at this stage of the season and how we’ve handled those types of games. But there’s a lot more in our hockey club than we’ve shown so far.”
They’ll face a tough task in scoring against Henrik Lundqvist and the New York Rangers on Tuesday. You can watch the game on NBC Sports Network starting at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 8
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39