Feb 12, 2013, 6:42 PM EST
The Boston Bruins are off to their best 10-game start ever, but head coach Claude Julien told CSNNE.com that he expects to see even better work ahead.
“If anything, I think we’ve been consistent,” Julien said. “There’s no doubt that we’re going to get better. I think there are still some guys that aren’t at the peak of their game yet. That’s pretty indicative of how hard we’re working to score goals.”
The Bruins lead the Northeast Division with an 8-1-1 record for 17 points despite playing the fewest amount of games in the East. Still, Julien is right about the goals coming with difficulty; they’re currently ranked 28th in the league with a paltry 10.3 percent success rate on the power play.
The Bruins won their 2011 Stanley Cup with a PP than often sputtered, too, but Julien hopes to see that the man advantage and other scoring areas improve.
“We’re a better scoring team than what we’ve shown thus far. I think we’ve shown that we’re capable of creating the chances, but right now the finish isn’t there,” said Julien. “There’s certainly room for improvement. But I like where we are at this stage of the season and how we’ve handled those types of games. But there’s a lot more in our hockey club than we’ve shown so far.”
They’ll face a tough task in scoring against Henrik Lundqvist and the New York Rangers on Tuesday. You can watch the game on NBC Sports Network starting at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)