Feb 12, 2013, 5:30 AM EST
Colorado Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson left Monday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes in the third period due to an undisclosed injury.
There was no report on Johnson from the Avalanche afterward, wrote Mike Chambers of The Denver Post.
Chambers wrote that Johnson left the game after he “awkwardly absorbed a check from Martin Hanzal.”
Johnson has one assist in 11 games for the Avalanche so far this season but had consistently been playing more than 20 minutes a game, falling short of that mark only twice.
The Avalanche dropped a 3-2 overtime decision to the Coyotes Monday and are now winless in their last three games.
Coyotes captain Shane Doan scored twice, including the OT winner thanks to a lucky bounce off the referee seconds earlier.
“Certainly you understand that that’s a bounce, and we’ve had a couple bounces go against us this year,” Doan told NHL.com.
“You try to make as much as you can when you get them. We were very fortunate to find a way to get the two points.”
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 30
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 52
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)