Feb 12, 2013, 5:30 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson left Monday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes in the third period due to an undisclosed injury.
There was no report on Johnson from the Avalanche afterward, wrote Mike Chambers of The Denver Post.
Chambers wrote that Johnson left the game after he “awkwardly absorbed a check from Martin Hanzal.”
Johnson has one assist in 11 games for the Avalanche so far this season but had consistently been playing more than 20 minutes a game, falling short of that mark only twice.
The Avalanche dropped a 3-2 overtime decision to the Coyotes Monday and are now winless in their last three games.
Coyotes captain Shane Doan scored twice, including the OT winner thanks to a lucky bounce off the referee seconds earlier.
“Certainly you understand that that’s a bounce, and we’ve had a couple bounces go against us this year,” Doan told NHL.com.
“You try to make as much as you can when you get them. We were very fortunate to find a way to get the two points.”
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)