Feb 12, 2013, 5:30 AM EDT
Colorado Avalanche defenseman Erik Johnson left Monday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes in the third period due to an undisclosed injury.
There was no report on Johnson from the Avalanche afterward, wrote Mike Chambers of The Denver Post.
Chambers wrote that Johnson left the game after he “awkwardly absorbed a check from Martin Hanzal.”
Johnson has one assist in 11 games for the Avalanche so far this season but had consistently been playing more than 20 minutes a game, falling short of that mark only twice.
The Avalanche dropped a 3-2 overtime decision to the Coyotes Monday and are now winless in their last three games.
Coyotes captain Shane Doan scored twice, including the OT winner thanks to a lucky bounce off the referee seconds earlier.
“Certainly you understand that that’s a bounce, and we’ve had a couple bounces go against us this year,” Doan told NHL.com.
“You try to make as much as you can when you get them. We were very fortunate to find a way to get the two points.”
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)