Feb 11, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
Steven Stamkos knows the Bolts have to be better away from home.
“We’re known as a team that can’t win on the road right now,” he told the St. Petersburg Times following Sunday’s 5-1 loss to the Rangers at MSG. “It’s embarrassing.
“Especially [Sunday’s] effort. We couldn’t even make a pass out there.”
Sunday’s loss wrapped Tampa’s abbreviated three-game roadie — Saturday’s game at TD Garden in Boston was postponed due to the winter storm — and the Bolts might’ve been glad it got cancelled.
They were outscored 11-4 over the three games and went 0-for-10 on the power play, stunningly low offensive output for a team that leads the NHL in goals per game (3.91) and has the league’s second-best power play (28.3 percent).
All told, Tampa is now 1-4 on the road and has been outscored 11-16.
“We’ve got to find a way,” Stamkos said. “I feel like we keep saying that every time. We’re a lot better team than we’re playing on the road.”
Bolts head coach Guy Boucher was as disappointed as Stamkos, if not more.
“[That was] “as bad as we’ve played all year,” he said following Sunday’s loss. “Total impatience. Not smart, trying to cheat and find ways that don’t exist.”
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)