Feb 11, 2013, 1:16 PM EST
Steven Stamkos knows the Bolts have to be better away from home.
“We’re known as a team that can’t win on the road right now,” he told the St. Petersburg Times following Sunday’s 5-1 loss to the Rangers at MSG. “It’s embarrassing.
“Especially [Sunday’s] effort. We couldn’t even make a pass out there.”
Sunday’s loss wrapped Tampa’s abbreviated three-game roadie — Saturday’s game at TD Garden in Boston was postponed due to the winter storm — and the Bolts might’ve been glad it got cancelled.
They were outscored 11-4 over the three games and went 0-for-10 on the power play, stunningly low offensive output for a team that leads the NHL in goals per game (3.91) and has the league’s second-best power play (28.3 percent).
All told, Tampa is now 1-4 on the road and has been outscored 11-16.
“We’ve got to find a way,” Stamkos said. “I feel like we keep saying that every time. We’re a lot better team than we’re playing on the road.”
Bolts head coach Guy Boucher was as disappointed as Stamkos, if not more.
“[That was] “as bad as we’ve played all year,” he said following Sunday’s loss. “Total impatience. Not smart, trying to cheat and find ways that don’t exist.”
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 0
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)