Feb 11, 2013, 7:16 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
While we’re on the subject of major losses, here’s a look at how injuries have impacted several teams so far this season from the defending Stanley Cup Los Angeles Kings to a franchise that hasn’t made the playoffs since 2004, the Toronto Maple Leafs. (Sportsnet)
The Toronto Maple Leafs have won three straight games on the road, but now they have to do something that’s been rare for them lately: earn two points in Toronto. (Toronto Sun)
32-year-old blueliner Robyn Regehr (lower body) returned to the Buffalo Sabres lineup on Sunday after missing seven straight games due to the ailment. The Sabres needed to clear a spot on their roster to activated him from the injured reserve list, so they put forward Matt Ellis on waivers. (NHL.com)
23-year-old forward Stephane Da Costa is in his third pro season and has played in three games with the Ottawa Senators in 2013. He felt he was cheating last season by not doing his job away from the puck and he’s trying to do otherwise during his current NHL stint. (Ottawa Sun)
Colorado Avalanche forwards Michael Sgarbossa and Mark Olver dropped the gloves and sparred during a team practice. That’s enough to raise an eyebrow, but Avalanche coach Joe Sacco doesn’t seem to have a problem with it. (Denver Post)
Apr 19, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
There’s a doubleheader on NBCSN starting at 7:00 p.m. ET.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
He’s not the only member of the Senators playing a physical game.
Apr 19, 2015, 8:27 PM EDT
Game 4 on Tuesday will be big for Washington.
Apr 19, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
“Maybe after we have our meeting in two weeks, maybe we have Jack Eichel at No. 1.”
Apr 19, 2015, 6:53 PM EDT
The 26-year-old rookie did everything he could to earn another start.
Apr 19, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Goaltender Pekka Rinne couldn’t bail his defense out.
Apr 19, 2015, 5:36 PM EDT
He also declared himself fine for Game 3.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:51 PM EDT
Goals coming in bunches in Chicago.
Apr 19, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
They’re tied 1-1 after 1.
Apr 19, 2015, 3:32 PM EDT
They needed just 15-seconds of extra time.
Apr 19, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
It’s his second of the series.
Apr 19, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Puck drop is at 3 p.m. ET
Apr 19, 2015, 2:05 PM EDT
He has his second of these playoffs.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:36 PM EDT
Andrew Desjardins could also be in for Chicago.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:10 PM EDT
Was injured on a hit from Kyle Okposo.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
He missed the second game of the series with an upper body injury.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
Puck drop is at 12 p.m. ET on NBC.
Apr 19, 2015, 11:06 AM EDT
Neil replaces Chiasson on Ottawa’s fourth line.
Apr 19, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
He’s missed six games with a right hand injury.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
Changes in the crease the theme of the day.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 13
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 87
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)