Feb 11, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Kane had five goals and an assist in Chicago’s last three games, helping improve his team’s record to 10-0-2. The 24-year-old sits second in league scoring, his 19 points fewer than only Buffalo’s Thomas Vanek’s 23.
For Kane, the red-hot start comes after a 2011-12 season in which he scored a career-low 66 points and once again saw his off-the-ice activities make news.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 30
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32