Feb 11, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Kane had five goals and an assist in Chicago’s last three games, helping improve his team’s record to 10-0-2. The 24-year-old sits second in league scoring, his 19 points fewer than only Buffalo’s Thomas Vanek’s 23.
For Kane, the red-hot start comes after a 2011-12 season in which he scored a career-low 66 points and once again saw his off-the-ice activities make news.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5