Feb 11, 2013, 2:01 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers have placed veteran forward Darcy Hordichuk on waivers.
Hordichuk, 32, has been a spare part in Edmonton this season, appearing in four games while accumulating a grand total of 8:08 of ice time. In his last appearance on Feb. 6 against Dallas, he played two shifts totaling 49 seconds.
The former Thrasher, Coyote, Panther, Predator and Canuck signed with Edmonton prior to the 2011-12 season and proceeded to appear in 43 games for the Oilers, racking up 1G-2A-3PTS and 64 PIM.
That was good enough for a second deal with the Oilers — Hordichuk signed a one-year, $850,000 extension with Edmonton this past offseason.
Anytime we write about Hordichuk on PHT, we’re obligated to post this clip.
It comes from one of Hordi’s first games against Vancouver after leaving the Canucks, in which he vowed to make life difficult for the Sedins et. al:
“Way to show ’em, Darcy!”
Update: Bob Stauffer of Edmonton’s CHED 630 predicts Chris VandeVelde will be called up from AHL Oklahoma City and replace Hordichuk in the lineup.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)