Feb 11, 2013, 6:04 PM EDT
The National Hockey League has announced that Saturday’s Bruins-Lightning game — postponed due to severe weather conditions in the Boston area — has been rescheduled for Thursday, Apr. 25 at TD Garden in Boston.
The game will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET.
For the Bruins, the new date on the calendar makes for a busy end to the season. They’ll play every second night for the entire month of April — prior to the new date, the team was to enjoy a three-night break between Apr. 23-27.
The Lightning will equally busy down the stretch, playing eight games between Apr. 13-27.
The Boston game will also interrupt was was to be a three-game homestand to close out the year — instead, the Bolts will now host Carolina on the 21st, Toronto on the 24th, fly up to Boston to play on the 25th, then return home for the final regular season game of the year against Florida on the 27th.
Of note, the Apr. 25 lineup will now feature 11 games, setting the table nicely for the final day of the regular season (the 27th) which will feature 13 contests.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)