Feb 11, 2013, 6:04 PM EDT
The National Hockey League has announced that Saturday’s Bruins-Lightning game — postponed due to severe weather conditions in the Boston area — has been rescheduled for Thursday, Apr. 25 at TD Garden in Boston.
The game will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET.
For the Bruins, the new date on the calendar makes for a busy end to the season. They’ll play every second night for the entire month of April — prior to the new date, the team was to enjoy a three-night break between Apr. 23-27.
The Lightning will equally busy down the stretch, playing eight games between Apr. 13-27.
The Boston game will also interrupt was was to be a three-game homestand to close out the year — instead, the Bolts will now host Carolina on the 21st, Toronto on the 24th, fly up to Boston to play on the 25th, then return home for the final regular season game of the year against Florida on the 27th.
Of note, the Apr. 25 lineup will now feature 11 games, setting the table nicely for the final day of the regular season (the 27th) which will feature 13 contests.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21