Feb 11, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
The injury situation on the Los Angeles Kings blue line may have worsened.
Defenseman Alec Martinez played one minute and 35 seconds against the St. Louis Blues Monday, before leaving due to an “upper body injury.” He is not expected to return to the game, Kings beat reporter Lisa Dillman of the L.A. Times tweeted out.
Mitchell had knee surgery during the lockout and has been cleared to play by the Kings’ doctors and trainers.
However, Mitchell has yet to return to the lineup, despite clearance.
Greene underwent back surgery near the end of January, and it was initially believed he could be done for the season. The Kings then projected Greene could be back by late March.
To help offset the injury situation, the Kings last week acquired defenseman Keaton Ellerby from the Florida Panthers
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)