Feb 11, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
The injury situation on the Los Angeles Kings blue line may have worsened.
Defenseman Alec Martinez played one minute and 35 seconds against the St. Louis Blues Monday, before leaving due to an “upper body injury.” He is not expected to return to the game, Kings beat reporter Lisa Dillman of the L.A. Times tweeted out.
Mitchell had knee surgery during the lockout and has been cleared to play by the Kings’ doctors and trainers.
However, Mitchell has yet to return to the lineup, despite clearance.
Greene underwent back surgery near the end of January, and it was initially believed he could be done for the season. The Kings then projected Greene could be back by late March.
To help offset the injury situation, the Kings last week acquired defenseman Keaton Ellerby from the Florida Panthers
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)