Feb 11, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
The injury situation on the Los Angeles Kings blue line may have worsened.
Defenseman Alec Martinez played one minute and 35 seconds against the St. Louis Blues Monday, before leaving due to an “upper body injury.” He is not expected to return to the game, Kings beat reporter Lisa Dillman of the L.A. Times tweeted out.
Mitchell had knee surgery during the lockout and has been cleared to play by the Kings’ doctors and trainers.
However, Mitchell has yet to return to the lineup, despite clearance.
Greene underwent back surgery near the end of January, and it was initially believed he could be done for the season. The Kings then projected Greene could be back by late March.
To help offset the injury situation, the Kings last week acquired defenseman Keaton Ellerby from the Florida Panthers
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25