Feb 11, 2013, 10:09 PM EST
The injury situation on the Los Angeles Kings blue line may have worsened.
Defenseman Alec Martinez played one minute and 35 seconds against the St. Louis Blues Monday, before leaving due to an “upper body injury.” He is not expected to return to the game, Kings beat reporter Lisa Dillman of the L.A. Times tweeted out.
Mitchell had knee surgery during the lockout and has been cleared to play by the Kings’ doctors and trainers.
However, Mitchell has yet to return to the lineup, despite clearance.
Greene underwent back surgery near the end of January, and it was initially believed he could be done for the season. The Kings then projected Greene could be back by late March.
To help offset the injury situation, the Kings last week acquired defenseman Keaton Ellerby from the Florida Panthers
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)