Feb 11, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
The injury situation on the Los Angeles Kings blue line may have worsened.
Defenseman Alec Martinez played one minute and 35 seconds against the St. Louis Blues Monday, before leaving due to an “upper body injury.” He is not expected to return to the game, Kings beat reporter Lisa Dillman of the L.A. Times tweeted out.
Mitchell had knee surgery during the lockout and has been cleared to play by the Kings’ doctors and trainers.
However, Mitchell has yet to return to the lineup, despite clearance.
Greene underwent back surgery near the end of January, and it was initially believed he could be done for the season. The Kings then projected Greene could be back by late March.
To help offset the injury situation, the Kings last week acquired defenseman Keaton Ellerby from the Florida Panthers
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)