Feb 11, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Following a sequence that saw Miikka Kiprusoff injured, Danny Taylor signed and Joey MacDonald claimed off waivers, plenty of questions arose regarding Calgary’s goaltending situation.
Soon, we’ll get some answers.
Flames GM Jay Feaster will reportedly address the media on Tuesday about that exact situation, a team spokesman told the Canadian Press.
As it stands, Calgary’s goaltending situation is this:
– Leland Irving is the temporary No. 1 and has started the last two games (vs. Vancouver and Columbus) after relieving Kiprusoff in last week’s win over Detroit. He’s 1-1-0 with a 3.40 GAA and .879 save percentage.
– Taylor served as the backup against the Canucks and Blue Jackets.
– Kiprusoff is on IR with a lower-body injury. He skated on Monday but did no standard goalie movements (ie: butterfly, knee bends.)
– TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that if all goes well, Kiprusoff will return this week and MacDonald will become his No. 2.
– The Calgary Sun’s Randy Sportak brings up a good point: Why, if Kiprusoff is close to returning, the Flames would decide to add two contracts in Taylor and MacDonald, bringing them to 49 total?
Flames head coach Bob Hartley has forwarded all player personnel queries to Feaster.
As for the present — it was Irving and Taylor practicing prior to Monday’s home date with Minnesota, with MacDonald set to arrive in Calgary later in the evening.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires