Feb 11, 2013, 8:10 PM EST
Following a sequence that saw Miikka Kiprusoff injured, Danny Taylor signed and Joey MacDonald claimed off waivers, plenty of questions arose regarding Calgary’s goaltending situation.
Soon, we’ll get some answers.
Flames GM Jay Feaster will reportedly address the media on Tuesday about that exact situation, a team spokesman told the Canadian Press.
As it stands, Calgary’s goaltending situation is this:
– Leland Irving is the temporary No. 1 and has started the last two games (vs. Vancouver and Columbus) after relieving Kiprusoff in last week’s win over Detroit. He’s 1-1-0 with a 3.40 GAA and .879 save percentage.
– Taylor served as the backup against the Canucks and Blue Jackets.
– Kiprusoff is on IR with a lower-body injury. He skated on Monday but did no standard goalie movements (ie: butterfly, knee bends.)
– TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that if all goes well, Kiprusoff will return this week and MacDonald will become his No. 2.
– The Calgary Sun’s Randy Sportak brings up a good point: Why, if Kiprusoff is close to returning, the Flames would decide to add two contracts in Taylor and MacDonald, bringing them to 49 total?
Flames head coach Bob Hartley has forwarded all player personnel queries to Feaster.
As for the present — it was Irving and Taylor practicing prior to Monday’s home date with Minnesota, with MacDonald set to arrive in Calgary later in the evening.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)