Feb 11, 2013, 1:03 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames are collecting goalies. They added another today, claiming veteran Joey MacDonald off waivers from Detroit.
And yes, the move has led to speculation a deal could be in the works.
For MacDonald, the Flames will be his fifth NHL team. The 33-year-old was just cleared from a bulging disc in his back.
MacDonald went 8-5-1 with a .912 save percentage last season with the Wings.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 0
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 3
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 34
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 23
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 66
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (66)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)