Feb 11, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Some intrigue today in Washington, where forward Marcus Johansson missed practice with what the Capitals are calling an upper-body injury.
Johansson was a healthy scratch in Saturday’s 5-0 victory over Florida, and according to CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley, “trade rumors are beginning to swirl about the 22-year-old Swede.”
As the Washington Post notes, it’s unclear how Johansson was hurt.
The 24th overall pick in the 2009 draft was criticized by head coach Adam Oates for his play Thursday against the Penguins.
“We need more execution and didn’t get enough in Pittsburgh,” said Oates.
Johansson has just one goal and four shots in nine games. He had 46 points in 80 games last season.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12