Feb 10, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning must attempt to break their three-game losing streak without rugged forward Ryan Malone.
The 33-year-old forward will miss at least Sunday’s game against the New York Rangers, according to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune. Malone is currently considered day-to-day with that vague issue.
Malone has four goals and one assist plus eight penalty minutes in 10 games so far. He carries a $4.5 million cap hit that will expire after the 2014-15 season.
Pierre-Cedric Labrie, 26, is set to move into the lineup in Malone’s absence. He’ll bring an extra level of toughness without Malone’s offensive skills. On the bright side, his nickname is “Nacho Labrie” in reference to the Jack Black movie, so that’s kind of fun.
Tampa Bay leads the NHL with 42 goals scored, but the Bolts have only found the net five times during their three-game skid.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
On the bright side, Michael Grabner may resume skating soon.
Oct 24, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Unfortunately, Tampa Bay might face another injury in J.T. Brown.
Oct 24, 2014, 8:13 PM EDT
They send their 2014 first-rounder to the OHL.
Oct 24, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
San Jose’s enjoyed such center depth before.
Oct 24, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
Tough times lately for St. Louis.
Oct 24, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Highly-touted rearguard on his way to the bigs.
Oct 24, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Hey, maybe the NHL should try 3-on-3 overtime.
Oct 24, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Speaking from experience.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
Returns to the Cardiff team he played for during the lockout.
Oct 24, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
All the news and notes from the blue paint…
Oct 24, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
“Anytime you go personal with family…to me, that’s very disrespectful to the player and our profession.”
Oct 24, 2014, 2:22 PM EDT
“Everybody understands the system, everybody knows what we expect.”
Oct 24, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
“We’ve got to do our research here and come up with the best solution we can.”
Oct 24, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
They’re back at it in Edmonton tonight.
Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’
Oct 24, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Denials from NHL and Coyotes.
Oct 24, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
“I’m going to focus on the good and try to clean up the bad parts. That’s my job.”
Oct 24, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Click to see Boston’s schedule through the end of November.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
Oct 24, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
Retroactive to Oct. 21.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
“We’ve given up more odd-man rushes in six hockey games than we did in two months last year.”
- Video: Drouin scores first NHL goal, shows early chemistry with Stamkos 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 12
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 17
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)