Feb 10, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning must attempt to break their three-game losing streak without rugged forward Ryan Malone.
The 33-year-old forward will miss at least Sunday’s game against the New York Rangers, according to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune. Malone is currently considered day-to-day with that vague issue.
Malone has four goals and one assist plus eight penalty minutes in 10 games so far. He carries a $4.5 million cap hit that will expire after the 2014-15 season.
Pierre-Cedric Labrie, 26, is set to move into the lineup in Malone’s absence. He’ll bring an extra level of toughness without Malone’s offensive skills. On the bright side, his nickname is “Nacho Labrie” in reference to the Jack Black movie, so that’s kind of fun.
Tampa Bay leads the NHL with 42 goals scored, but the Bolts have only found the net five times during their three-game skid.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)