Feb 10, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning must attempt to break their three-game losing streak without rugged forward Ryan Malone.
The 33-year-old forward will miss at least Sunday’s game against the New York Rangers, according to Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune. Malone is currently considered day-to-day with that vague issue.
Malone has four goals and one assist plus eight penalty minutes in 10 games so far. He carries a $4.5 million cap hit that will expire after the 2014-15 season.
Pierre-Cedric Labrie, 26, is set to move into the lineup in Malone’s absence. He’ll bring an extra level of toughness without Malone’s offensive skills. On the bright side, his nickname is “Nacho Labrie” in reference to the Jack Black movie, so that’s kind of fun.
Tampa Bay leads the NHL with 42 goals scored, but the Bolts have only found the net five times during their three-game skid.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)