Feb 10, 2013, 6:29 PM EST
Veteran forward Jay Pandolfo is on the small list of out-of-work free agents who are getting regular practice time with potential new employers. The latest development indicates there’s at least a chance he’ll get to play actual NHL games.
The Boston Bruins currently have him signed to a professional tryout. CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty believes that the 38-year-old’s inclusion in a road trip is a good sign that he might just get a real deal.
Pandolfo seems comfortable with his situation.
“We’ve been talking and it’s been good being around the guys and getting comfortable. They’ve been honest with me right from the start, and that makes it easier as a player if you know exactly what’s going on,” said Pandolfo. “I appreciate that they’ve done that. It’s made it easier for me so I can come in and be patient. They were honest with me right from the start of camp.”
Even if the Bruins grant his wish, he expects to round into shape by playing with the Providence Bruins in the AHL.
“You can be in the best shape in the world, but being in game shape is totally different,” said Pandolfo. “I would think [playing in Providence] is something that could definitely happen, I would guess. That’s something just to get into game shape rather than getting thrown into games. I’m sure that’s something that will get talked about.”
Dec 27, 2014, 10:27 PM EST
Physical game between these teams.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:46 PM EST
These teams, as we all know, don’t care for each other.
Dec 27, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
Dec 27, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
This had been brewing for some time.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:27 PM EST
No call on the play.
Dec 27, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Injury occurred on a clean hit along the boards.
Dec 27, 2014, 7:28 PM EST
Interesting times for the Devils.
Dec 27, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Starting to tighten up in the Eastern Conference standings.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:26 PM EST
Minnesota has recalled John Curry.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
Was fired three games into the 2013-14 season.
Dec 27, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
St. Louis will host the Dallas Stars.
Dec 27, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Will that last?
Dec 27, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
He’s been dealing with a back injury.
Dec 27, 2014, 3:27 PM EST
There was plenty of controversy surrounding the single-punch incident on Nov. 21.
Dec 27, 2014, 2:32 PM EST
Jagr from less than two weeks ago: “(Firing DeBoer) would be one of the biggest mistakes they could make.”
Dec 27, 2014, 1:37 PM EST
He missed four games.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:42 PM EST
He won’t need to undergo surgery.
Dec 27, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
The Devils will dress 11 forwards tonight.
Dec 27, 2014, 11:28 AM EST
It’s been that kind of season for Columbus.
Dec 27, 2014, 10:43 AM EST
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 0
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 34
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 1
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)