Feb 10, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
The league originally planned to speak with Grabovski, 29, about Saturday’s biting incident with Max Pacioretty, 24, this afternoon. Now it appears that the telephone conversation will happen at 11 a.m. ET, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
(One more requisite bad joke: scheduling this meeting before lunch might be to Grabovski’s peril.)
The bite happened in the third period of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 6-0 blowout of the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday (see the video here). Montreal helped add some evidence to the case by sending in a photo of Pacioretty’s chomped-on forearm, Sportsnet’s John Shannon reports.
Want a brief history of attempted hockey cannibalism? NHL Network flashed this useful graphic of recent biting incidents.
June 1, 2011: Alex Burrows bit Patrice Bergeron, no suspension
Oct. 9, 2009: Scott Hartnell bit Kris Letang, no suspension
Jan. 7, 2009: Jarkko Ruutu bit Andrew Peters, two-game suspension
Nov. 27, 2003: Marc Savard bit Darcy Tucker, one-game suspension
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 53
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 46
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)