Feb 10, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
The league originally planned to speak with Grabovski, 29, about Saturday’s biting incident with Max Pacioretty, 24, this afternoon. Now it appears that the telephone conversation will happen at 11 a.m. ET, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
(One more requisite bad joke: scheduling this meeting before lunch might be to Grabovski’s peril.)
The bite happened in the third period of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 6-0 blowout of the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday (see the video here). Montreal helped add some evidence to the case by sending in a photo of Pacioretty’s chomped-on forearm, Sportsnet’s John Shannon reports.
Want a brief history of attempted hockey cannibalism? NHL Network flashed this useful graphic of recent biting incidents.
June 1, 2011: Alex Burrows bit Patrice Bergeron, no suspension
Oct. 9, 2009: Scott Hartnell bit Kris Letang, no suspension
Jan. 7, 2009: Jarkko Ruutu bit Andrew Peters, two-game suspension
Nov. 27, 2003: Marc Savard bit Darcy Tucker, one-game suspension
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 51
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12