Feb 10, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
The league originally planned to speak with Grabovski, 29, about Saturday’s biting incident with Max Pacioretty, 24, this afternoon. Now it appears that the telephone conversation will happen at 11 a.m. ET, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
(One more requisite bad joke: scheduling this meeting before lunch might be to Grabovski’s peril.)
The bite happened in the third period of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 6-0 blowout of the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday (see the video here). Montreal helped add some evidence to the case by sending in a photo of Pacioretty’s chomped-on forearm, Sportsnet’s John Shannon reports.
Want a brief history of attempted hockey cannibalism? NHL Network flashed this useful graphic of recent biting incidents.
June 1, 2011: Alex Burrows bit Patrice Bergeron, no suspension
Oct. 9, 2009: Scott Hartnell bit Kris Letang, no suspension
Jan. 7, 2009: Jarkko Ruutu bit Andrew Peters, two-game suspension
Nov. 27, 2003: Marc Savard bit Darcy Tucker, one-game suspension
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 4
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)