Feb 10, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
The league originally planned to speak with Grabovski, 29, about Saturday’s biting incident with Max Pacioretty, 24, this afternoon. Now it appears that the telephone conversation will happen at 11 a.m. ET, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
(One more requisite bad joke: scheduling this meeting before lunch might be to Grabovski’s peril.)
The bite happened in the third period of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 6-0 blowout of the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday (see the video here). Montreal helped add some evidence to the case by sending in a photo of Pacioretty’s chomped-on forearm, Sportsnet’s John Shannon reports.
Want a brief history of attempted hockey cannibalism? NHL Network flashed this useful graphic of recent biting incidents.
June 1, 2011: Alex Burrows bit Patrice Bergeron, no suspension
Oct. 9, 2009: Scott Hartnell bit Kris Letang, no suspension
Jan. 7, 2009: Jarkko Ruutu bit Andrew Peters, two-game suspension
Nov. 27, 2003: Marc Savard bit Darcy Tucker, one-game suspension
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)