Feb 10, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
The league originally planned to speak with Grabovski, 29, about Saturday’s biting incident with Max Pacioretty, 24, this afternoon. Now it appears that the telephone conversation will happen at 11 a.m. ET, according to the Montreal Gazette’s Dave Stubbs.
(One more requisite bad joke: scheduling this meeting before lunch might be to Grabovski’s peril.)
The bite happened in the third period of the Toronto Maple Leafs’ 6-0 blowout of the Montreal Canadiens on Saturday (see the video here). Montreal helped add some evidence to the case by sending in a photo of Pacioretty’s chomped-on forearm, Sportsnet’s John Shannon reports.
Want a brief history of attempted hockey cannibalism? NHL Network flashed this useful graphic of recent biting incidents.
June 1, 2011: Alex Burrows bit Patrice Bergeron, no suspension
Oct. 9, 2009: Scott Hartnell bit Kris Letang, no suspension
Jan. 7, 2009: Jarkko Ruutu bit Andrew Peters, two-game suspension
Nov. 27, 2003: Marc Savard bit Darcy Tucker, one-game suspension
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22