Feb 10, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
According to Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet, Grabovski has a 4 p.m. hearing with Brendan Shanahan and the NHL to talk about what happened.
To borrow Shanny’s phrase, as you can see in the video (included in our post on the incident) Pacioretty grabs Grabovski by the face from behind as things got heated along the boards. Grabovski clearly does something to get Pacioretty steaming mad, but it seems clear he did something to provoke it, too.
For what it’s worth, when Alex Burrows chomped on Patrice Bergeron‘s gloved fingers during the 2011 Stanley Cup finals he was neither fined nor suspended. The fact that it happened during the finals may have helped him out there though.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)