Feb 10, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
According to Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet, Grabovski has a 4 p.m. hearing with Brendan Shanahan and the NHL to talk about what happened.
To borrow Shanny’s phrase, as you can see in the video (included in our post on the incident) Pacioretty grabs Grabovski by the face from behind as things got heated along the boards. Grabovski clearly does something to get Pacioretty steaming mad, but it seems clear he did something to provoke it, too.
For what it’s worth, when Alex Burrows chomped on Patrice Bergeron‘s gloved fingers during the 2011 Stanley Cup finals he was neither fined nor suspended. The fact that it happened during the finals may have helped him out there though.
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 7
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 22
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 16
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)