Feb 10, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
According to Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet, Grabovski has a 4 p.m. hearing with Brendan Shanahan and the NHL to talk about what happened.
To borrow Shanny’s phrase, as you can see in the video (included in our post on the incident) Pacioretty grabs Grabovski by the face from behind as things got heated along the boards. Grabovski clearly does something to get Pacioretty steaming mad, but it seems clear he did something to provoke it, too.
For what it’s worth, when Alex Burrows chomped on Patrice Bergeron‘s gloved fingers during the 2011 Stanley Cup finals he was neither fined nor suspended. The fact that it happened during the finals may have helped him out there though.
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 2
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)