Feb 10, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
Philly GM Paul Holmgren told CSNNE.com that Leighton, 31, is expected to miss 7-10 days with an upper-body injury.
It’s tough to see Leighton’s absence as too significant since Ilya Bryzgalov has played 11 out of the Flyers’ 12 games, but the team has two back-to-backs (Monday-Tuesday and Friday-Saturday) coming up this week.
With that in mind, it’s likely that Boucher, 36, will enjoy a third stint with the franchise that drafted him 22nd overall way back in 1995. He’s been warming up the Adirondack Phantoms in the AHL, going 2-4 with a .908 save percentage and 2.71 GAA.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 12
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 21
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (94)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)