Feb 10, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
Philly GM Paul Holmgren told CSNNE.com that Leighton, 31, is expected to miss 7-10 days with an upper-body injury.
It’s tough to see Leighton’s absence as too significant since Ilya Bryzgalov has played 11 out of the Flyers’ 12 games, but the team has two back-to-backs (Monday-Tuesday and Friday-Saturday) coming up this week.
With that in mind, it’s likely that Boucher, 36, will enjoy a third stint with the franchise that drafted him 22nd overall way back in 1995. He’s been warming up the Adirondack Phantoms in the AHL, going 2-4 with a .908 save percentage and 2.71 GAA.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)