Feb 10, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
Philly GM Paul Holmgren told CSNNE.com that Leighton, 31, is expected to miss 7-10 days with an upper-body injury.
It’s tough to see Leighton’s absence as too significant since Ilya Bryzgalov has played 11 out of the Flyers’ 12 games, but the team has two back-to-backs (Monday-Tuesday and Friday-Saturday) coming up this week.
With that in mind, it’s likely that Boucher, 36, will enjoy a third stint with the franchise that drafted him 22nd overall way back in 1995. He’s been warming up the Adirondack Phantoms in the AHL, going 2-4 with a .908 save percentage and 2.71 GAA.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 23
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 33
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)