Feb 10, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
Philly GM Paul Holmgren told CSNNE.com that Leighton, 31, is expected to miss 7-10 days with an upper-body injury.
It’s tough to see Leighton’s absence as too significant since Ilya Bryzgalov has played 11 out of the Flyers’ 12 games, but the team has two back-to-backs (Monday-Tuesday and Friday-Saturday) coming up this week.
With that in mind, it’s likely that Boucher, 36, will enjoy a third stint with the franchise that drafted him 22nd overall way back in 1995. He’s been warming up the Adirondack Phantoms in the AHL, going 2-4 with a .908 save percentage and 2.71 GAA.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 5
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 23
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 35
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)