Feb 10, 2013, 9:04 PM EDT
Philly GM Paul Holmgren told CSNNE.com that Leighton, 31, is expected to miss 7-10 days with an upper-body injury.
It’s tough to see Leighton’s absence as too significant since Ilya Bryzgalov has played 11 out of the Flyers’ 12 games, but the team has two back-to-backs (Monday-Tuesday and Friday-Saturday) coming up this week.
With that in mind, it’s likely that Boucher, 36, will enjoy a third stint with the franchise that drafted him 22nd overall way back in 1995. He’s been warming up the Adirondack Phantoms in the AHL, going 2-4 with a .908 save percentage and 2.71 GAA.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)