Feb 10, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have been doing all right without Dustin Byfuglien but now they’ll get their All-Star blue liner back.
Byfuglien told reporters that he’s recovered from what was ailing him and he’s ready to go as Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press reports.
“I just had a little maintenance to do on the lower body, just taking care of it. We didn’t want it to drag it on and make it happen for the long haul so we took care of it right away.”
The Jets don’t play again til Tuesday against the Flyers and Byfuglien says he feels he’s “good to go” to play then. The Jets could use him back as he’s been solid this season racking up three goals and four assists in six games. Winnipeg has lost three of the five games Byfuglien has missed.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)