Feb 10, 2013, 4:47 PM EST
The Winnipeg Jets have been doing all right without Dustin Byfuglien but now they’ll get their All-Star blue liner back.
Byfuglien told reporters that he’s recovered from what was ailing him and he’s ready to go as Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press reports.
“I just had a little maintenance to do on the lower body, just taking care of it. We didn’t want it to drag it on and make it happen for the long haul so we took care of it right away.”
The Jets don’t play again til Tuesday against the Flyers and Byfuglien says he feels he’s “good to go” to play then. The Jets could use him back as he’s been solid this season racking up three goals and four assists in six games. Winnipeg has lost three of the five games Byfuglien has missed.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)