Feb 10, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have been doing all right without Dustin Byfuglien but now they’ll get their All-Star blue liner back.
Byfuglien told reporters that he’s recovered from what was ailing him and he’s ready to go as Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press reports.
“I just had a little maintenance to do on the lower body, just taking care of it. We didn’t want it to drag it on and make it happen for the long haul so we took care of it right away.”
The Jets don’t play again til Tuesday against the Flyers and Byfuglien says he feels he’s “good to go” to play then. The Jets could use him back as he’s been solid this season racking up three goals and four assists in six games. Winnipeg has lost three of the five games Byfuglien has missed.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5