Feb 10, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have been doing all right without Dustin Byfuglien but now they’ll get their All-Star blue liner back.
Byfuglien told reporters that he’s recovered from what was ailing him and he’s ready to go as Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press reports.
“I just had a little maintenance to do on the lower body, just taking care of it. We didn’t want it to drag it on and make it happen for the long haul so we took care of it right away.”
The Jets don’t play again til Tuesday against the Flyers and Byfuglien says he feels he’s “good to go” to play then. The Jets could use him back as he’s been solid this season racking up three goals and four assists in six games. Winnipeg has lost three of the five games Byfuglien has missed.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 0
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31