Feb 10, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have been doing all right without Dustin Byfuglien but now they’ll get their All-Star blue liner back.
Byfuglien told reporters that he’s recovered from what was ailing him and he’s ready to go as Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press reports.
“I just had a little maintenance to do on the lower body, just taking care of it. We didn’t want it to drag it on and make it happen for the long haul so we took care of it right away.”
The Jets don’t play again til Tuesday against the Flyers and Byfuglien says he feels he’s “good to go” to play then. The Jets could use him back as he’s been solid this season racking up three goals and four assists in six games. Winnipeg has lost three of the five games Byfuglien has missed.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)