Feb 10, 2013, 10:35 PM EDT
After all these years – and making it to the 2012 Stanley Cup finals – you’d think people would stop doubting the New Jersey Devils.
Either way, they continued their hot streak on Sunday, taking the second of back-to-back games against the Pittsburgh Penguins with a 3-1 win. That’s the same score from Saturday’s win.
The Devils have won five in a row by a combined score of 16-5, pushing their overall record to 8-1-3 for 19 points. That’s the best mark in the East and second highest total overall behind the Chicago Blackhawks.
This all provides an argument that New Jersey is for real and the same assessment might be appropriate for budding power forward David Clarkson.
The 28-year-old winger scored twice against Pittsburgh tonight to push his season total to nine goals. Overall, he has an impressive 15 points and 50 shots on goal in 12 games.
Many believed that he played over his head last season with a breakthrough 30-goal, 46-point campaign. Now it’s starting to look like it was just a prelude, which is great for both the Devils and Clarkson (who’s an unrestricted free agent this summer).
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (44)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)