Feb 10, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
Jaroslav Halak is back from injury and it’s just in time for St. Louis.
Elliott has lost his last four games including last night’s 6-5 shootout loss to the Ducks. In those four games he’s given up 16 goals and wound up being pulled after giving up four goals in their 6-1 loss to Nashville on Tuesday. After last night’s game, coach Ken Hitchcock was highly critical of Elliott’s play.
With Halak back, the Blues can potentially get back to doing what they did at the start of the season: Scoring plenty and stifling opponents. They’ll get their first shot against the team that swept them out of the playoffs, the L.A. Kings, tomorrow night.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 2
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 8
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 13
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)