Feb 10, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
Jaroslav Halak is back from injury and it’s just in time for St. Louis.
Elliott has lost his last four games including last night’s 6-5 shootout loss to the Ducks. In those four games he’s given up 16 goals and wound up being pulled after giving up four goals in their 6-1 loss to Nashville on Tuesday. After last night’s game, coach Ken Hitchcock was highly critical of Elliott’s play.
With Halak back, the Blues can potentially get back to doing what they did at the start of the season: Scoring plenty and stifling opponents. They’ll get their first shot against the team that swept them out of the playoffs, the L.A. Kings, tomorrow night.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8