Feb 10, 2013, 3:59 PM EST
Jaroslav Halak is back from injury and it’s just in time for St. Louis.
Elliott has lost his last four games including last night’s 6-5 shootout loss to the Ducks. In those four games he’s given up 16 goals and wound up being pulled after giving up four goals in their 6-1 loss to Nashville on Tuesday. After last night’s game, coach Ken Hitchcock was highly critical of Elliott’s play.
With Halak back, the Blues can potentially get back to doing what they did at the start of the season: Scoring plenty and stifling opponents. They’ll get their first shot against the team that swept them out of the playoffs, the L.A. Kings, tomorrow night.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8