Feb 10, 2013, 3:59 PM EDT
Jaroslav Halak is back from injury and it’s just in time for St. Louis.
Elliott has lost his last four games including last night’s 6-5 shootout loss to the Ducks. In those four games he’s given up 16 goals and wound up being pulled after giving up four goals in their 6-1 loss to Nashville on Tuesday. After last night’s game, coach Ken Hitchcock was highly critical of Elliott’s play.
With Halak back, the Blues can potentially get back to doing what they did at the start of the season: Scoring plenty and stifling opponents. They’ll get their first shot against the team that swept them out of the playoffs, the L.A. Kings, tomorrow night.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)