Feb 9, 2013, 3:13 PM EST
The NHL has postponed tonight’s game in Boston between the Bruins and Lightning.
Thanks to winter storm “Nemo,” nearly two feet of snow fell in in the city of Boston forcing a state of emergency and stopping all rail travel until tomorrow.
What makes this situation a bit different than other weather-affected instances is that both teams were already in Boston and tonight’s officials were in town ready to play. The conditions in Boston itself, however, changed the league’s mind as travel conditions were deemed too hazardous for fans, arena workers, and security officials to make it to TD Garden.
The game was initially supposed to be played at 1 p.m. but was postponed to 7 p.m. tonight. The NHL says they’ll have a make-up date announced as soon as they’ve got one. The condensed schedule makes rescheduling this game a bit tricky. Both teams have games elsewhere tomorrow as the Bruins visit the Sabres and the Lightning are headed to New York City to face the Rangers.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 0
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 57
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 40
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 76
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (76)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)