Feb 9, 2013, 12:17 PM EST
Wayne Simmonds is back for the Flyers.
John Boruk of CSNPhilly.com says the tough right winger will be back in Philly’s lineup this afternoon against Carolina after missing three games thanks to an elbow in the face from Washington’s John Erskine. Simmonds suffered a concussion on the play that caught the eye of NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.
Simmonds says he couldn’t be mad at Erskine for the elbow to the face, but expect him to come out extra hyped up for today’s game against the Hurricanes after spending a week on the shelf. According to Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com, he’s on a line with Claude Giroux and Danny Briere in warmups for today’s game.
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 4
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 4
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 9
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)