Feb 9, 2013, 12:17 PM EST
Wayne Simmonds is back for the Flyers.
John Boruk of CSNPhilly.com says the tough right winger will be back in Philly’s lineup this afternoon against Carolina after missing three games thanks to an elbow in the face from Washington’s John Erskine. Simmonds suffered a concussion on the play that caught the eye of NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.
Simmonds says he couldn’t be mad at Erskine for the elbow to the face, but expect him to come out extra hyped up for today’s game against the Hurricanes after spending a week on the shelf. According to Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com, he’s on a line with Claude Giroux and Danny Briere in warmups for today’s game.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 20
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 57
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)