Feb 9, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Wayne Simmonds is back for the Flyers.
John Boruk of CSNPhilly.com says the tough right winger will be back in Philly’s lineup this afternoon against Carolina after missing three games thanks to an elbow in the face from Washington’s John Erskine. Simmonds suffered a concussion on the play that caught the eye of NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.
Simmonds says he couldn’t be mad at Erskine for the elbow to the face, but expect him to come out extra hyped up for today’s game against the Hurricanes after spending a week on the shelf. According to Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com, he’s on a line with Claude Giroux and Danny Briere in warmups for today’s game.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)