Feb 9, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Wayne Simmonds is back for the Flyers.
John Boruk of CSNPhilly.com says the tough right winger will be back in Philly’s lineup this afternoon against Carolina after missing three games thanks to an elbow in the face from Washington’s John Erskine. Simmonds suffered a concussion on the play that caught the eye of NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.
Simmonds says he couldn’t be mad at Erskine for the elbow to the face, but expect him to come out extra hyped up for today’s game against the Hurricanes after spending a week on the shelf. According to Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com, he’s on a line with Claude Giroux and Danny Briere in warmups for today’s game.
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 13
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 58
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 168
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 55
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery 59
- Kane: ‘I’m a Winnipeg Jet right now… we’ll see what happens’ 51
- McDavid, Eichel top Central Scouting Futures list 14
- Columnist: Mike Green is ‘destined to be traded’ by Caps 40
- Spezza: ‘I’m just a piece to the puzzle’ in Dallas 32
- Ovechkin ‘upset’ at Grabovski departure, happy with defensive signings 18
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (168)
- Pros and cons of Subban filing for arbitration (67)
- Giroux apologizes, calls actions a ‘misguided attempt at humor’ (64)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)