Feb 9, 2013, 12:17 PM EDT
Wayne Simmonds is back for the Flyers.
John Boruk of CSNPhilly.com says the tough right winger will be back in Philly’s lineup this afternoon against Carolina after missing three games thanks to an elbow in the face from Washington’s John Erskine. Simmonds suffered a concussion on the play that caught the eye of NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan.
Simmonds says he couldn’t be mad at Erskine for the elbow to the face, but expect him to come out extra hyped up for today’s game against the Hurricanes after spending a week on the shelf. According to Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com, he’s on a line with Claude Giroux and Danny Briere in warmups for today’s game.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 2
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 25
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)