Feb 9, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators fell short 1-0 to the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday, and it looks like they lost another forward. This time, Peter Regin suffered an upper-body injury,* leaving the depth scorer’s status for their next game on Tuesday uncertain.
On the bright side, it doesn’t look like Regin aggravated a previous shoulder issue.
The 26-year-old forward isn’t a huge impact player – he has managed just two assists and 19 shots in 12 games this season – but Ottawa’s already facing some challenges on offense.
The team failed to score against Al Montoya and the Jets today, leaving guys like Erik Karlsson to shoulder a big burden. The 22-year-old blueliner fired 13 shots toward the net, with just three actually forcing a save, according to CBS’ Adam Gretz.
To give you an idea of today’s overall mood, head coach Paul MacLean only provided two bright spots to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes: the play of Ben Bishop and Stephane Da Costa.
* – MacLean amusingly described it as “an upper-body whatever … something” to NHL.com’s Erin Nicks.
Jun 3, 2015, 8:04 PM EDT
A “whirlwind” day for the winger.
Jun 3, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
It may be that co-owner Ron Burkle’s situation hasn’t changed at all.
Jun 3, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
But it isn’t going anywhere until at least next year.
Jun 3, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
“I don’t know where these stories come from, but they’re not true.”
Jun 3, 2015, 6:40 PM EDT
Should be an electric start.
Jun 3, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Super Mario with a super surprise?
Jun 3, 2015, 5:52 PM EDT
Completing the succession plan.
Jun 3, 2015, 5:37 PM EDT
“There is absolutely no truth to speculation that any NHL franchise is currently considering relocation.”
Jun 3, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
He’s a 21-year-old goalie prospect.
Jun 3, 2015, 3:34 PM EDT
The dude from “The Daily Show” and the guy from “American Idol.”
Jun 3, 2015, 1:58 PM EDT
But he won’t play tonight.
Jun 3, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Unless Joel Quenneville goes to the line blender…
Jun 3, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
Ryan Callahan has only scored once in the playoffs.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Rahm Emanuel doesn’t care for Tampa Bay’s controversial ticket policy.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:36 AM EDT
Veteran has spent the last four years with the Arizona organization.
Jun 3, 2015, 11:18 AM EDT
Coin’s been good this postseason. Real good. But will it coin up on the big stage?
Jun 3, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
Jun 3, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Anonymous donor has also been discharged and “is doing extremely well.”
Jun 3, 2015, 10:36 AM EDT
Jacob Markstrom continues to shine in the AHL.
Jun 3, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
He felt Anaheim’s structure “went right out the window” towards the end of the Western Conference Final.
- Bettman insists Coyotes and Panthers won’t relocate 6
- WATCH LIVE: Game 1 of Stanley Cup Final – Blackhawks at Lightning 0
- Report: Penguins owners (especially Lemieux) ponder sale of ‘some or all’ of franchise 15
- Report: Red Wings will name Blashill as head coach next week 1
- Kane, Toews may have toughest assignment yet in Hedman, Stralman 16
- Chicago mayor rips Lightning for being ‘afraid’ to sell tickets to Blackhawks fans 75
- PHT’s Stanley Cup Final picks, once again featuring The Coin 22
- Habs sign Petry to a six-year, $33 million extension 23
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 7
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 77
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (87)
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Chicago mayor rips Lightning for being ‘afraid’ to sell tickets to Blackhawks fans (75)