Feb 9, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators fell short 1-0 to the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday, and it looks like they lost another forward. This time, Peter Regin suffered an upper-body injury,* leaving the depth scorer’s status for their next game on Tuesday uncertain.
On the bright side, it doesn’t look like Regin aggravated a previous shoulder issue.
The 26-year-old forward isn’t a huge impact player – he has managed just two assists and 19 shots in 12 games this season – but Ottawa’s already facing some challenges on offense.
The team failed to score against Al Montoya and the Jets today, leaving guys like Erik Karlsson to shoulder a big burden. The 22-year-old blueliner fired 13 shots toward the net, with just three actually forcing a save, according to CBS’ Adam Gretz.
To give you an idea of today’s overall mood, head coach Paul MacLean only provided two bright spots to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes: the play of Ben Bishop and Stephane Da Costa.
* – MacLean amusingly described it as “an upper-body whatever … something” to NHL.com’s Erin Nicks.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)