Feb 9, 2013, 5:48 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators fell short 1-0 to the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday, and it looks like they lost another forward. This time, Peter Regin suffered an upper-body injury,* leaving the depth scorer’s status for their next game on Tuesday uncertain.
On the bright side, it doesn’t look like Regin aggravated a previous shoulder issue.
The 26-year-old forward isn’t a huge impact player – he has managed just two assists and 19 shots in 12 games this season – but Ottawa’s already facing some challenges on offense.
The team failed to score against Al Montoya and the Jets today, leaving guys like Erik Karlsson to shoulder a big burden. The 22-year-old blueliner fired 13 shots toward the net, with just three actually forcing a save, according to CBS’ Adam Gretz.
To give you an idea of today’s overall mood, head coach Paul MacLean only provided two bright spots to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes: the play of Ben Bishop and Stephane Da Costa.
* – MacLean amusingly described it as “an upper-body whatever … something” to NHL.com’s Erin Nicks.
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 5
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 43
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 100
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (122)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (100)