Feb 9, 2013, 5:48 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators fell short 1-0 to the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday, and it looks like they lost another forward. This time, Peter Regin suffered an upper-body injury,* leaving the depth scorer’s status for their next game on Tuesday uncertain.
On the bright side, it doesn’t look like Regin aggravated a previous shoulder issue.
The 26-year-old forward isn’t a huge impact player – he has managed just two assists and 19 shots in 12 games this season – but Ottawa’s already facing some challenges on offense.
The team failed to score against Al Montoya and the Jets today, leaving guys like Erik Karlsson to shoulder a big burden. The 22-year-old blueliner fired 13 shots toward the net, with just three actually forcing a save, according to CBS’ Adam Gretz.
To give you an idea of today’s overall mood, head coach Paul MacLean only provided two bright spots to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes: the play of Ben Bishop and Stephane Da Costa.
* – MacLean amusingly described it as “an upper-body whatever … something” to NHL.com’s Erin Nicks.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)