Feb 9, 2013, 5:48 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators fell short 1-0 to the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday, and it looks like they lost another forward. This time, Peter Regin suffered an upper-body injury,* leaving the depth scorer’s status for their next game on Tuesday uncertain.
On the bright side, it doesn’t look like Regin aggravated a previous shoulder issue.
The 26-year-old forward isn’t a huge impact player – he has managed just two assists and 19 shots in 12 games this season – but Ottawa’s already facing some challenges on offense.
The team failed to score against Al Montoya and the Jets today, leaving guys like Erik Karlsson to shoulder a big burden. The 22-year-old blueliner fired 13 shots toward the net, with just three actually forcing a save, according to CBS’ Adam Gretz.
To give you an idea of today’s overall mood, head coach Paul MacLean only provided two bright spots to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes: the play of Ben Bishop and Stephane Da Costa.
* – MacLean amusingly described it as “an upper-body whatever … something” to NHL.com’s Erin Nicks.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 4
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 21
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)