Feb 9, 2013, 5:48 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators fell short 1-0 to the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday, and it looks like they lost another forward. This time, Peter Regin suffered an upper-body injury,* leaving the depth scorer’s status for their next game on Tuesday uncertain.
On the bright side, it doesn’t look like Regin aggravated a previous shoulder issue.
The 26-year-old forward isn’t a huge impact player – he has managed just two assists and 19 shots in 12 games this season – but Ottawa’s already facing some challenges on offense.
The team failed to score against Al Montoya and the Jets today, leaving guys like Erik Karlsson to shoulder a big burden. The 22-year-old blueliner fired 13 shots toward the net, with just three actually forcing a save, according to CBS’ Adam Gretz.
To give you an idea of today’s overall mood, head coach Paul MacLean only provided two bright spots to Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes: the play of Ben Bishop and Stephane Da Costa.
* – MacLean amusingly described it as “an upper-body whatever … something” to NHL.com’s Erin Nicks.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)