Feb 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild are struggling and their inability to score goals is a key reason why.
With just 22 goals scored this season, the Wild are in the bottom-five of the league in offense. Only Zach Parise is getting things done scoring six of his own and, as Chip Scoggins of The Star Tribune reports, coach Mike Yeo is trying to fix it.
“We’re trying to do everything we can to find the right solution, whether it’s to spark guys or find the right mix,” Yeo said. “Usually there’s a method to the madness too. We’re not just trying catch lightning in a bottle here. We want to make sure we put something together that we feel can work more than just in the short term.”
The Wild have juggled their lines and brought up fresh blood from the AHL in Charlie Coyle to try and find a spark but nothing’s worked yet.
While Yeo has gotten the semi-dreaded “vote of confidence” by the GM, the stress of a shortened season on top of spending nearly $200 million on free agents could force change if the fans in Minnesota stay restless.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 63
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 5
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 30
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 15
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination