Feb 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
The Minnesota Wild are struggling and their inability to score goals is a key reason why.
With just 22 goals scored this season, the Wild are in the bottom-five of the league in offense. Only Zach Parise is getting things done scoring six of his own and, as Chip Scoggins of The Star Tribune reports, coach Mike Yeo is trying to fix it.
“We’re trying to do everything we can to find the right solution, whether it’s to spark guys or find the right mix,” Yeo said. “Usually there’s a method to the madness too. We’re not just trying catch lightning in a bottle here. We want to make sure we put something together that we feel can work more than just in the short term.”
The Wild have juggled their lines and brought up fresh blood from the AHL in Charlie Coyle to try and find a spark but nothing’s worked yet.
While Yeo has gotten the semi-dreaded “vote of confidence” by the GM, the stress of a shortened season on top of spending nearly $200 million on free agents could force change if the fans in Minnesota stay restless.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)