Feb 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild are struggling and their inability to score goals is a key reason why.
With just 22 goals scored this season, the Wild are in the bottom-five of the league in offense. Only Zach Parise is getting things done scoring six of his own and, as Chip Scoggins of The Star Tribune reports, coach Mike Yeo is trying to fix it.
“We’re trying to do everything we can to find the right solution, whether it’s to spark guys or find the right mix,” Yeo said. “Usually there’s a method to the madness too. We’re not just trying catch lightning in a bottle here. We want to make sure we put something together that we feel can work more than just in the short term.”
The Wild have juggled their lines and brought up fresh blood from the AHL in Charlie Coyle to try and find a spark but nothing’s worked yet.
While Yeo has gotten the semi-dreaded “vote of confidence” by the GM, the stress of a shortened season on top of spending nearly $200 million on free agents could force change if the fans in Minnesota stay restless.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 4
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 10
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 27
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)