Feb 9, 2013, 3:41 PM EDT
Phil Kessel‘s future in Toronto is a hot topic amongst Maple Leafs fans and with good reason. The Leafs are struggling and with Kessel having one more year after this left on his contract, many think he could be traded if the Leafs fall out of the playoff hunt.
James Mirtle of The Globe And Mail asked Kessel’s agent, Wade Arnott, if there’s a chance he could re-sign with the team. Arnott was in no hurry to start talking about that.
“The season is just 11 games old,” Arnott said. “I know Phil is only focusing on the next game. We’ll see what the off-season brings, but I know he enjoys playing for the Leafs and living in a hockey market.”
Yes, it may be a bit too early to start talking about extensions, but Toronto is in an odd place between deciding if they’re going to push for the playoffs or rebuilding completely. It’s never not fun when it comes to the Leafs.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39