Feb 9, 2013, 3:41 PM EST
Phil Kessel‘s future in Toronto is a hot topic amongst Maple Leafs fans and with good reason. The Leafs are struggling and with Kessel having one more year after this left on his contract, many think he could be traded if the Leafs fall out of the playoff hunt.
James Mirtle of The Globe And Mail asked Kessel’s agent, Wade Arnott, if there’s a chance he could re-sign with the team. Arnott was in no hurry to start talking about that.
“The season is just 11 games old,” Arnott said. “I know Phil is only focusing on the next game. We’ll see what the off-season brings, but I know he enjoys playing for the Leafs and living in a hockey market.”
Yes, it may be a bit too early to start talking about extensions, but Toronto is in an odd place between deciding if they’re going to push for the playoffs or rebuilding completely. It’s never not fun when it comes to the Leafs.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 21
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 24
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 24
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 129
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (108)