Feb 9, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricanes winger Tim Wallace was ejected from Saturday’s 4-3 OT loss to the Philadelphia Flyers after boarding forward Tye McGinn, as you can see in the video below:
Now the question is if Wallace, 28, will receive further discipline for that hit on McGinn, 22.
While Brendan Shanahan might decide to drop the hammer on Wallace, McGinn didn’t seem bothered by it. He told the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi that he feels fine and gave this assessment of that boarding check.
“It was a hockey hit, that’s all I know,” McGinn said.
Kudos to the young winger for giving an honest appraisal, but that doesn’t guarantee that the league will see it the same way.
In other news from that game, Wayne Simmonds made his return from a concussion today. The 24-year-old forward received 15:41 of ice time, firing two shots on goal and delivering two hits.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)