Feb 9, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricanes winger Tim Wallace was ejected from Saturday’s 4-3 OT loss to the Philadelphia Flyers after boarding forward Tye McGinn, as you can see in the video below:
Now the question is if Wallace, 28, will receive further discipline for that hit on McGinn, 22.
While Brendan Shanahan might decide to drop the hammer on Wallace, McGinn didn’t seem bothered by it. He told the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi that he feels fine and gave this assessment of that boarding check.
“It was a hockey hit, that’s all I know,” McGinn said.
Kudos to the young winger for giving an honest appraisal, but that doesn’t guarantee that the league will see it the same way.
In other news from that game, Wayne Simmonds made his return from a concussion today. The 24-year-old forward received 15:41 of ice time, firing two shots on goal and delivering two hits.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22