Feb 9, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricanes winger Tim Wallace was ejected from Saturday’s 4-3 OT loss to the Philadelphia Flyers after boarding forward Tye McGinn, as you can see in the video below:
Now the question is if Wallace, 28, will receive further discipline for that hit on McGinn, 22.
While Brendan Shanahan might decide to drop the hammer on Wallace, McGinn didn’t seem bothered by it. He told the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi that he feels fine and gave this assessment of that boarding check.
“It was a hockey hit, that’s all I know,” McGinn said.
Kudos to the young winger for giving an honest appraisal, but that doesn’t guarantee that the league will see it the same way.
In other news from that game, Wayne Simmonds made his return from a concussion today. The 24-year-old forward received 15:41 of ice time, firing two shots on goal and delivering two hits.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 15
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 19
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)