Feb 9, 2013, 6:28 PM EST
Carolina Hurricanes winger Tim Wallace was ejected from Saturday’s 4-3 OT loss to the Philadelphia Flyers after boarding forward Tye McGinn, as you can see in the video below:
Now the question is if Wallace, 28, will receive further discipline for that hit on McGinn, 22.
While Brendan Shanahan might decide to drop the hammer on Wallace, McGinn didn’t seem bothered by it. He told the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi that he feels fine and gave this assessment of that boarding check.
“It was a hockey hit, that’s all I know,” McGinn said.
Kudos to the young winger for giving an honest appraisal, but that doesn’t guarantee that the league will see it the same way.
In other news from that game, Wayne Simmonds made his return from a concussion today. The 24-year-old forward received 15:41 of ice time, firing two shots on goal and delivering two hits.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 6
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)