Feb 9, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Carolina Hurricanes winger Tim Wallace was ejected from Saturday’s 4-3 OT loss to the Philadelphia Flyers after boarding forward Tye McGinn, as you can see in the video below:
Now the question is if Wallace, 28, will receive further discipline for that hit on McGinn, 22.
While Brendan Shanahan might decide to drop the hammer on Wallace, McGinn didn’t seem bothered by it. He told the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi that he feels fine and gave this assessment of that boarding check.
“It was a hockey hit, that’s all I know,” McGinn said.
Kudos to the young winger for giving an honest appraisal, but that doesn’t guarantee that the league will see it the same way.
In other news from that game, Wayne Simmonds made his return from a concussion today. The 24-year-old forward received 15:41 of ice time, firing two shots on goal and delivering two hits.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5