Feb 9, 2013, 7:54 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks shuffled their lineup as they prepare to face the St. Louis Blues on Saturday and adjust to having Jonas Hiller out of action.
The 30-year-old netminder’s lower-body injury earned him a day-to-day designation, according to the OC Register. Because of that ailment, journeyman goalie Jeff Deslauriers, 28, will back up surging 30-year-old “rookie” Viktor Fasth tonight.
Anaheim’s moves weren’t just goalie-related, either.
The Ducks’ defense saw some minor alterations with Sami Vatanen, 21, and Jordan Hendry, 28, being sent to the minors. It appears that recent trade addition Ben Lovejoy, 28, pushed one of them out, while the Ducks hope that Cam Fowler, 21, can recover from a recent head injury enough to at least travel with the team during their upcoming three-game road trip.
Even with some shuffling, the Ducks are in a favorable position early on. Despite losing to the Dallas Stars 3-1 on Friday, Anaheim could move atop the Pacific Division with a win tonight after the San Jose Sharks lost to the Phoenix Coyotes 1-0 (SO) in the early evening.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)