Feb 9, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
As Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch shares, Wisniewski is counting his lucky stars to not be more seriously injured.
“I watched the replay, and it was surreal,” Wisniewski said yesterday after returning to practice. “For one thing, I had no idea I was down on the ice that long. When I walked in (the dressing room), I didn’t really recognize the place.”
Wisniewski suffered the third (known) concussion of his career on the play and having him back practicing is important for the Jackets given the other injuries they’re dealing with on defense. Adrian Aucoin and John Moore are out of action and while it’s nice to have Jack Johnson playing more than 30 minutes a game to make up for the losses, that’s not optimal for keeping him fresh.
Wisniewski’s progress is going well, however, as he shed the “no contact” jersey for this morning’s practice.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4