Feb 9, 2013, 11:17 AM EST
As Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch shares, Wisniewski is counting his lucky stars to not be more seriously injured.
“I watched the replay, and it was surreal,” Wisniewski said yesterday after returning to practice. “For one thing, I had no idea I was down on the ice that long. When I walked in (the dressing room), I didn’t really recognize the place.”
Wisniewski suffered the third (known) concussion of his career on the play and having him back practicing is important for the Jackets given the other injuries they’re dealing with on defense. Adrian Aucoin and John Moore are out of action and while it’s nice to have Jack Johnson playing more than 30 minutes a game to make up for the losses, that’s not optimal for keeping him fresh.
Wisniewski’s progress is going well, however, as he shed the “no contact” jersey for this morning’s practice.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 14
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 13
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 6
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8