Feb 9, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
As Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch shares, Wisniewski is counting his lucky stars to not be more seriously injured.
“I watched the replay, and it was surreal,” Wisniewski said yesterday after returning to practice. “For one thing, I had no idea I was down on the ice that long. When I walked in (the dressing room), I didn’t really recognize the place.”
Wisniewski suffered the third (known) concussion of his career on the play and having him back practicing is important for the Jackets given the other injuries they’re dealing with on defense. Adrian Aucoin and John Moore are out of action and while it’s nice to have Jack Johnson playing more than 30 minutes a game to make up for the losses, that’s not optimal for keeping him fresh.
Wisniewski’s progress is going well, however, as he shed the “no contact” jersey for this morning’s practice.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 16
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)