Feb 9, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
Martin Brodeur went out of his way to make his 1,200th game with the Devils a memorable one.
Not only did he keep a loaded Penguins team mostly off the scoreboard in a 3-1 victory, he also made sure to make an incredible stop on Evgeni Malkin late to keep the Pens from threatening and had to make a great stop on… Marc-Andre Fleury?
Late in the second period with the Devils killing a penalty, Brodeur lost his stick in the corner. As the Devils cleared the puck, Fleury came out to play it all the way back down the ice while Brodeur was retrieving it. The puck clanged off the post and skittered under Brodeur’s feet and stayed out of the net.
Words can only do so much justice so thankfully there’s video. [YouTube]
New Jersey’s win moved them to the top of the Eastern Conference for the time being. As for Brodeur’s acrobatics, if you’d rather have it in GIF form, Backhand Shelf has your hookup.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)