Feb 9, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur went out of his way to make his 1,200th game with the Devils a memorable one.
Not only did he keep a loaded Penguins team mostly off the scoreboard in a 3-1 victory, he also made sure to make an incredible stop on Evgeni Malkin late to keep the Pens from threatening and had to make a great stop on… Marc-Andre Fleury?
Late in the second period with the Devils killing a penalty, Brodeur lost his stick in the corner. As the Devils cleared the puck, Fleury came out to play it all the way back down the ice while Brodeur was retrieving it. The puck clanged off the post and skittered under Brodeur’s feet and stayed out of the net.
Words can only do so much justice so thankfully there’s video. [YouTube]
New Jersey’s win moved them to the top of the Eastern Conference for the time being. As for Brodeur’s acrobatics, if you’d rather have it in GIF form, Backhand Shelf has your hookup.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21