Feb 9, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Martin Brodeur went out of his way to make his 1,200th game with the Devils a memorable one.
Not only did he keep a loaded Penguins team mostly off the scoreboard in a 3-1 victory, he also made sure to make an incredible stop on Evgeni Malkin late to keep the Pens from threatening and had to make a great stop on… Marc-Andre Fleury?
Late in the second period with the Devils killing a penalty, Brodeur lost his stick in the corner. As the Devils cleared the puck, Fleury came out to play it all the way back down the ice while Brodeur was retrieving it. The puck clanged off the post and skittered under Brodeur’s feet and stayed out of the net.
Words can only do so much justice so thankfully there’s video. [YouTube]
New Jersey’s win moved them to the top of the Eastern Conference for the time being. As for Brodeur’s acrobatics, if you’d rather have it in GIF form, Backhand Shelf has your hookup.
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 8
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 27
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)