Feb 9, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
The good news for San Jose Sharks fans is Brent Burns is back in the lineup this afternoon against the Coyotes. It’ll be the first action he’s seen this season for the team and makes an already really good team, better.
The bad news, according to CSNBayArea’s Brodie Brazil, is that Burns’ wild, crazy lumberjack beard is gone thanks to it.
You’ve probably seen Burns’ beard a few times by now (it’s right there staring at you now) and the evolution of his crazy facial hair is really something else, as Puck Daddy showed us. Alas, we’ll have to hope the Sharks make the playoffs and go deep to give us the chance of seeing him all wild and woolly again.
To make room for Burns on the roster, the Sharks put defensemen Nick Petrecki on waivers and sent Matt Irwin to AHL Worcester.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)