Feb 9, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
The good news for San Jose Sharks fans is Brent Burns is back in the lineup this afternoon against the Coyotes. It’ll be the first action he’s seen this season for the team and makes an already really good team, better.
The bad news, according to CSNBayArea’s Brodie Brazil, is that Burns’ wild, crazy lumberjack beard is gone thanks to it.
You’ve probably seen Burns’ beard a few times by now (it’s right there staring at you now) and the evolution of his crazy facial hair is really something else, as Puck Daddy showed us. Alas, we’ll have to hope the Sharks make the playoffs and go deep to give us the chance of seeing him all wild and woolly again.
To make room for Burns on the roster, the Sharks put defensemen Nick Petrecki on waivers and sent Matt Irwin to AHL Worcester.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 14
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 50
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 38
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)