Feb 9, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
The good news for San Jose Sharks fans is Brent Burns is back in the lineup this afternoon against the Coyotes. It’ll be the first action he’s seen this season for the team and makes an already really good team, better.
The bad news, according to CSNBayArea’s Brodie Brazil, is that Burns’ wild, crazy lumberjack beard is gone thanks to it.
You’ve probably seen Burns’ beard a few times by now (it’s right there staring at you now) and the evolution of his crazy facial hair is really something else, as Puck Daddy showed us. Alas, we’ll have to hope the Sharks make the playoffs and go deep to give us the chance of seeing him all wild and woolly again.
To make room for Burns on the roster, the Sharks put defensemen Nick Petrecki on waivers and sent Matt Irwin to AHL Worcester.
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 0
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 6
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 27
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)