Feb 9, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
The good news for San Jose Sharks fans is Brent Burns is back in the lineup this afternoon against the Coyotes. It’ll be the first action he’s seen this season for the team and makes an already really good team, better.
The bad news, according to CSNBayArea’s Brodie Brazil, is that Burns’ wild, crazy lumberjack beard is gone thanks to it.
You’ve probably seen Burns’ beard a few times by now (it’s right there staring at you now) and the evolution of his crazy facial hair is really something else, as Puck Daddy showed us. Alas, we’ll have to hope the Sharks make the playoffs and go deep to give us the chance of seeing him all wild and woolly again.
To make room for Burns on the roster, the Sharks put defensemen Nick Petrecki on waivers and sent Matt Irwin to AHL Worcester.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40