Feb 9, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
The good news for San Jose Sharks fans is Brent Burns is back in the lineup this afternoon against the Coyotes. It’ll be the first action he’s seen this season for the team and makes an already really good team, better.
The bad news, according to CSNBayArea’s Brodie Brazil, is that Burns’ wild, crazy lumberjack beard is gone thanks to it.
You’ve probably seen Burns’ beard a few times by now (it’s right there staring at you now) and the evolution of his crazy facial hair is really something else, as Puck Daddy showed us. Alas, we’ll have to hope the Sharks make the playoffs and go deep to give us the chance of seeing him all wild and woolly again.
To make room for Burns on the roster, the Sharks put defensemen Nick Petrecki on waivers and sent Matt Irwin to AHL Worcester.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)