Feb 8, 2013, 8:57 AM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby showed off his hand-eye coordination Thursday night.
With his team already up 4-1 in the second period, Crosby gave them a little extra insurance by batting a puck out of midair and past Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby.
“Sid gets a single up the middle,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said via the team’s Twitter account. “Pretty outstanding goal.”
If you want to view it for yourself, you can do so below:
Crosby also registered two assists in Pittsburgh’s 5-2 victory. He now has 17 points in 11 games, which is good enough to put him into a tie for third place in the NHL.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (56)