Feb 8, 2013, 8:57 AM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby showed off his hand-eye coordination Thursday night.
With his team already up 4-1 in the second period, Crosby gave them a little extra insurance by batting a puck out of midair and past Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby.
“Sid gets a single up the middle,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said via the team’s Twitter account. “Pretty outstanding goal.”
If you want to view it for yourself, you can do so below:
Crosby also registered two assists in Pittsburgh’s 5-2 victory. He now has 17 points in 11 games, which is good enough to put him into a tie for third place in the NHL.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 10
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 26
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)