Feb 8, 2013, 8:57 AM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby showed off his hand-eye coordination Thursday night.
With his team already up 4-1 in the second period, Crosby gave them a little extra insurance by batting a puck out of midair and past Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby.
“Sid gets a single up the middle,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said via the team’s Twitter account. “Pretty outstanding goal.”
If you want to view it for yourself, you can do so below:
Crosby also registered two assists in Pittsburgh’s 5-2 victory. He now has 17 points in 11 games, which is good enough to put him into a tie for third place in the NHL.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5