Feb 8, 2013, 8:57 AM EDT
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby showed off his hand-eye coordination Thursday night.
With his team already up 4-1 in the second period, Crosby gave them a little extra insurance by batting a puck out of midair and past Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby.
“Sid gets a single up the middle,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said via the team’s Twitter account. “Pretty outstanding goal.”
If you want to view it for yourself, you can do so below:
Crosby also registered two assists in Pittsburgh’s 5-2 victory. He now has 17 points in 11 games, which is good enough to put him into a tie for third place in the NHL.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)