Feb 8, 2013, 8:57 AM EST
Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby showed off his hand-eye coordination Thursday night.
With his team already up 4-1 in the second period, Crosby gave them a little extra insurance by batting a puck out of midair and past Washington Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby.
“Sid gets a single up the middle,” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said via the team’s Twitter account. “Pretty outstanding goal.”
If you want to view it for yourself, you can do so below:
Crosby also registered two assists in Pittsburgh’s 5-2 victory. He now has 17 points in 11 games, which is good enough to put him into a tie for third place in the NHL.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5