Feb 8, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
“It was really bad. It got to the point where there was no way I was going to be able to play.”
Looking forward, Spezza is hoping 1) that he’ll be back playing hockey soon, and 2) that this will be the end of the 29-year-old’s back issues.
To the first part: “The goal is to get back by the end of the season and to hopefully help us to the end of the year and the playoffs.”
To the second: “I do play hockey for a living and it’s not easy on the body, but the goal is to strengthen it and have it fixed and not be an issue moving forward. If there’s a doctor out there who can give me that guarantee, or I can give you that guarantee I’d love to have it.”
The Senators are 3-2-1 without Spezza in the lineup.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 24
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36