Feb 8, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
“It was really bad. It got to the point where there was no way I was going to be able to play.”
Looking forward, Spezza is hoping 1) that he’ll be back playing hockey soon, and 2) that this will be the end of the 29-year-old’s back issues.
To the first part: “The goal is to get back by the end of the season and to hopefully help us to the end of the year and the playoffs.”
To the second: “I do play hockey for a living and it’s not easy on the body, but the goal is to strengthen it and have it fixed and not be an issue moving forward. If there’s a doctor out there who can give me that guarantee, or I can give you that guarantee I’d love to have it.”
The Senators are 3-2-1 without Spezza in the lineup.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5