Feb 8, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
Detroit forward Johan Frazen won’t face any supplemental discipline after spearing Blues winger David Perron during Thursday’s 5-1 win in St. Louis.
Here’s the incident in question:
Franzen was given a five-minute spearing major and a game misconduct on the play (Perron got two for boarding), though the penalties had little effect on the outcome as the score was 4-1 in Detroit’s favor at the time.
Oddly enough, this isn’t Franzen’s first foray into the spear game — during last year’s opening playoff round, he took a jab at Nashville forward David Legwand while Legwand was on the Predators bench:
Franzen was tagged with a two-minute slashing penalty on that play, and Legwand was given two for interference (for grabbing Franzen’s jersey.)
There was no supplemental discipline for that spear, either.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33