Feb 8, 2013, 1:26 PM EST
Detroit forward Johan Frazen won’t face any supplemental discipline after spearing Blues winger David Perron during Thursday’s 5-1 win in St. Louis.
Here’s the incident in question:
Franzen was given a five-minute spearing major and a game misconduct on the play (Perron got two for boarding), though the penalties had little effect on the outcome as the score was 4-1 in Detroit’s favor at the time.
Oddly enough, this isn’t Franzen’s first foray into the spear game — during last year’s opening playoff round, he took a jab at Nashville forward David Legwand while Legwand was on the Predators bench:
Franzen was tagged with a two-minute slashing penalty on that play, and Legwand was given two for interference (for grabbing Franzen’s jersey.)
There was no supplemental discipline for that spear, either.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 86
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)