Feb 8, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
Pittsburgh will be without All-Star defenseman Kris Letang for the second straight contest when it faces New Jersey on Saturday.
Letang, 25, was injured during last Sunday’s win over Washington with an unspecified lower-body ailment. He proceeded to play over 25 minutes in Tuesday’s win over the Isles, then sat out Thursday’s rematch with the Capitals.
Losing Letang will hurt the Pens, as he’d gotten off to a tremendous start. The offensive defenseman scored nine points through his first 10 games and was averaging over 25 minutes a night.
Pittsburgh plays the Devils in back-to-back games on Saturday and Sunday, and there’s no word if Letang will be ready to return to action for the second half of the series.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)