Feb 8, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
Pittsburgh will be without All-Star defenseman Kris Letang for the second straight contest when it faces New Jersey on Saturday.
Letang, 25, was injured during last Sunday’s win over Washington with an unspecified lower-body ailment. He proceeded to play over 25 minutes in Tuesday’s win over the Isles, then sat out Thursday’s rematch with the Capitals.
Losing Letang will hurt the Pens, as he’d gotten off to a tremendous start. The offensive defenseman scored nine points through his first 10 games and was averaging over 25 minutes a night.
Pittsburgh plays the Devils in back-to-back games on Saturday and Sunday, and there’s no word if Letang will be ready to return to action for the second half of the series.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (46)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)