Feb 8, 2013, 8:43 PM EST
Pittsburgh will be without All-Star defenseman Kris Letang for the second straight contest when it faces New Jersey on Saturday.
Letang, 25, was injured during last Sunday’s win over Washington with an unspecified lower-body ailment. He proceeded to play over 25 minutes in Tuesday’s win over the Isles, then sat out Thursday’s rematch with the Capitals.
Losing Letang will hurt the Pens, as he’d gotten off to a tremendous start. The offensive defenseman scored nine points through his first 10 games and was averaging over 25 minutes a night.
Pittsburgh plays the Devils in back-to-back games on Saturday and Sunday, and there’s no word if Letang will be ready to return to action for the second half of the series.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)