Feb 8, 2013, 8:43 PM EDT
Pittsburgh will be without All-Star defenseman Kris Letang for the second straight contest when it faces New Jersey on Saturday.
Letang, 25, was injured during last Sunday’s win over Washington with an unspecified lower-body ailment. He proceeded to play over 25 minutes in Tuesday’s win over the Isles, then sat out Thursday’s rematch with the Capitals.
Losing Letang will hurt the Pens, as he’d gotten off to a tremendous start. The offensive defenseman scored nine points through his first 10 games and was averaging over 25 minutes a night.
Pittsburgh plays the Devils in back-to-back games on Saturday and Sunday, and there’s no word if Letang will be ready to return to action for the second half of the series.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 10
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)