Feb 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EDT
Reporting on a hockey game is dangerous work, just ask MSG Network’s John Gianone.
During the New York Rangers’ 4-1 win over the New York Islanders on Thursday, play was stopped after Rangers defenseman Marc Staal‘s clearing attempt went into the sidelines and collided with Gianone’s face.
Or as Gianone later put it, “I checked the clock…and got clocked!”
Naturally, there’s video footage of him taking a puck to the face, which Gianone expressed an interest in seeing it after he “missed it the first time.”
If you want to join him, you can watch it below:
As you can see, Gianone seemed to be in good spirits after the incident.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)