Feb 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EDT
Reporting on a hockey game is dangerous work, just ask MSG Network’s John Gianone.
During the New York Rangers’ 4-1 win over the New York Islanders on Thursday, play was stopped after Rangers defenseman Marc Staal‘s clearing attempt went into the sidelines and collided with Gianone’s face.
Or as Gianone later put it, “I checked the clock…and got clocked!”
Naturally, there’s video footage of him taking a puck to the face, which Gianone expressed an interest in seeing it after he “missed it the first time.”
If you want to join him, you can watch it below:
As you can see, Gianone seemed to be in good spirits after the incident.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)