Feb 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EST
Reporting on a hockey game is dangerous work, just ask MSG Network’s John Gianone.
During the New York Rangers’ 4-1 win over the New York Islanders on Thursday, play was stopped after Rangers defenseman Marc Staal‘s clearing attempt went into the sidelines and collided with Gianone’s face.
Or as Gianone later put it, “I checked the clock…and got clocked!”
Naturally, there’s video footage of him taking a puck to the face, which Gianone expressed an interest in seeing it after he “missed it the first time.”
If you want to join him, you can watch it below:
As you can see, Gianone seemed to be in good spirits after the incident.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)