Feb 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EDT
Reporting on a hockey game is dangerous work, just ask MSG Network’s John Gianone.
During the New York Rangers’ 4-1 win over the New York Islanders on Thursday, play was stopped after Rangers defenseman Marc Staal‘s clearing attempt went into the sidelines and collided with Gianone’s face.
Or as Gianone later put it, “I checked the clock…and got clocked!”
Naturally, there’s video footage of him taking a puck to the face, which Gianone expressed an interest in seeing it after he “missed it the first time.”
If you want to join him, you can watch it below:
As you can see, Gianone seemed to be in good spirits after the incident.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 0
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 9
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 57
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (57)