Feb 8, 2013, 2:01 AM EDT
Reporting on a hockey game is dangerous work, just ask MSG Network’s John Gianone.
During the New York Rangers’ 4-1 win over the New York Islanders on Thursday, play was stopped after Rangers defenseman Marc Staal‘s clearing attempt went into the sidelines and collided with Gianone’s face.
Or as Gianone later put it, “I checked the clock…and got clocked!”
Naturally, there’s video footage of him taking a puck to the face, which Gianone expressed an interest in seeing it after he “missed it the first time.”
If you want to join him, you can watch it below:
As you can see, Gianone seemed to be in good spirits after the incident.
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 0
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 9
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)