Feb 8, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
The National Hockey League has announced that Saturday’s game between the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lighting at the TD Garden will be moved from 1 p.m. ET to 7 p.m. due to weather concerns.
Winter Storm Nemo is expected to move from the Great Lakes area into the New England area by Saturday, and blizzard warning are already in effect for Boston and surrounding cities.
Reports suggest record snowfalls could hit the area, with Weather.com claiming some areas of coastal New England could see as much of three feet of accumulation.
The Lightning played in New Jersey on Thursday and flew into Boston immediately following the game to avoid the storm.
According to the Boston Globe, more than 2,700 flights have already been canceled because of Nemo.
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 10
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 13
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)