Feb 8, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
The National Hockey League has announced that Saturday’s game between the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lighting at the TD Garden will be moved from 1 p.m. ET to 7 p.m. due to weather concerns.
Winter Storm Nemo is expected to move from the Great Lakes area into the New England area by Saturday, and blizzard warning are already in effect for Boston and surrounding cities.
Reports suggest record snowfalls could hit the area, with Weather.com claiming some areas of coastal New England could see as much of three feet of accumulation.
The Lightning played in New Jersey on Thursday and flew into Boston immediately following the game to avoid the storm.
According to the Boston Globe, more than 2,700 flights have already been canceled because of Nemo.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63