Feb 8, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
The National Hockey League has announced that Saturday’s game between the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lighting at the TD Garden will be moved from 1 p.m. ET to 7 p.m. due to weather concerns.
Winter Storm Nemo is expected to move from the Great Lakes area into the New England area by Saturday, and blizzard warning are already in effect for Boston and surrounding cities.
Reports suggest record snowfalls could hit the area, with Weather.com claiming some areas of coastal New England could see as much of three feet of accumulation.
The Lightning played in New Jersey on Thursday and flew into Boston immediately following the game to avoid the storm.
According to the Boston Globe, more than 2,700 flights have already been canceled because of Nemo.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)