Feb 8, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
The National Hockey League has announced that Saturday’s game between the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lighting at the TD Garden will be moved from 1 p.m. ET to 7 p.m. due to weather concerns.
Winter Storm Nemo is expected to move from the Great Lakes area into the New England area by Saturday, and blizzard warning are already in effect for Boston and surrounding cities.
Reports suggest record snowfalls could hit the area, with Weather.com claiming some areas of coastal New England could see as much of three feet of accumulation.
The Lightning played in New Jersey on Thursday and flew into Boston immediately following the game to avoid the storm.
According to the Boston Globe, more than 2,700 flights have already been canceled because of Nemo.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)